Tired of all the belly aching.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TurboS7

Every time I turn around someone on this board is calling it quits. Why???? The only diffrence between flying a C-210 on a check run and a large airplane is the money. That is all. I can guarentee that most of you have a lot more left over at the end of the month than I do. If you are flying enjoy it, and find out a way to keep doing it. Remember that violin student of my wife's. She will be getting her CFI this month and already has a job instructing. She can't have more than 250 to 300 hours. So there are jobs out there, just not the big iron ones. Flying the big iron is no big deal, it is just the money. When I first started instructing the only people getting hired by the airlines were ex-astronauts with PHD's. That was in 1975, look what happened ten years later..... lighten up and enjoy life.

Do we really want the whinners, complainers and cry-babies in this industry.... :(

If they can't handle the rough times when they are first starting out, how are they going to handle it down the road... :rolleyes:

Not to sound like a jerk, but let them quit... makes room for the pilots who REALLY want this career... :)

Oh well, they have been there since day one and will be there at the end. There will always be cry-babies.

But more importantly you are one post away from 1,000 posts!!!!

Hey Mr Moderator does he get a prize?:cool:

Not Good-Bye, Just So-Long For Now

You're right, there are always opportunities out there...but seems to me it's about what kind of price are you willing to pay?

If I was 25 and single, I'd live out of my car to get myself qualified for a job with an ASA or ACA. But I can't fault anyone with a wife, kids, and mortgage and who is pushing 30+ for taking themselves out of the game for now to maintain a decent standard of living for their families. How long can you live in a near-poverty status with a family?

Yeah, like you said there probably won't be any big iron in the future of those of us who punt for now, but who knows, there will be other 121, 135, or instructing opportunities down the road when I'm out of these high-need $$ years. I'm counting on it and looking forward to it. But it's the right thing to do for some of us for now.

I have a wife, 7kids, 3 in college, and one gettiing married in December. I appreciate where you are coming from and the sacrifice you have made. Your day will come, I don't hear you guys belly aching, just stating facts of life, my post was not for any of you with the responsiblity of family.

Pilots are very good at bitching. What else can you do when you sit on your but all day? I think I'll put that on my resume under
"hobbies" if this industry spits me out.

An aviation career is a long road beset with potholes.

So suck it up cupcakes.

By the way though, it is our God given disenfranchised right to bitch about everything.

I can't believe I got to work a word like "beset" into a sentence.

SelectZoneFive said:
I can't believe I got to work a word like "beset" into a sentence.

"Beset"? I was amazed to see "Disenfranchised" now THAT is a tough word to work into a sentence... almost like "Francheezie" but different!

Ugh... Now I'm hungry, anyone have some Bacon???

O.K. I give in -pilot's bitch but someone at least needs to start a thread called "As the Turbine Turns" and keep all the bitching in one place.

Latest resources

Back