Tips question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lord Wakefield

Maybe NJOwner can answer this one. There's a rumour circulating that a NEW memo has been sent to the owners which essentially says "please don't tip the flight crews, this is included in your occupied hourly charge"

Let's confirm or dismiss this right here!

I talked to one of our owners recently and found out some interesting information. When he initially signed up and they were reviewing his owner's manual for the program, it said don't tip the pilots. He asked why that is, and the sales guy told him that all of the pilots on Flight Options property make six figures, so they don't need any tips. Good thing we have a bunch of liars in our sales department.

I'm tempted to bring a white envelope aboard, write "Tips are appreciated," and tape it next to the door. If the hotel van guys can do it, why can't we?

cosmotheassman said:
If I get a tip, I always turn it in to the company since it IS included! NOT
Company says you are to turn in all gifts and tips. What they do with them is anybody's guess

Tips

For the sake of all of us on this board, we will not discuss the need (or lack there of) for tips. We are NOT going to go there.

But to answer your question, as far as a letter to owners re: tips, (1) I have never received one, (2) latest invoices appeared in the mail today (and sometimes have letters, etc.) and it contained no letter re: tips (or any letter at all), and (3) last time I was on the owner's website was yesterday and no letter was posted re: tips. Sometimes (but not always), letters to owners appear on the website the day they are mailed which is a few days before they are received.

P.S. -- for since we all need a good laugh, the one occupation that for sure doesn't want to "keep the tips" is a mohel. Those who need an explanation, try google or a dictionary.

Fly safe,

Some guy said:
Here we go again lol
I did NOT bring "it" up this time...:)....look how far down the thread I am. I would, however, like to thank 'Owner for his update on the situation and ask that you keep us notified of any changes, please.

I did have to look up "mohel". Keep the "tips"? YUCK! LOL Shuddering....running...squealing, "Boys are SO gross!" LOL

NJAowner said:
P.S. -- for since we all need a good laugh, the one occupation that for sure doesn't want to "keep the tips" is a mohel. Those who need an explanation, try google or a dictionary.

Fly safe,
Actually, the old joke is that the assistant gets a wallet for his retirement gift, and exclaims "twenty years with you and for that I get a wallet?", to which the Mohel replies: "yes, but if you rub it it turns into a suitcase!"

Latest resources

Back