• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CFIcare

DMC driver
Hi everyone,

I'm writing on behalf of a friend and former student of mine, since he doesn't have regular access to a computer. I just got off the phone with him (he calls me from time to time to let me know how he's doing.) He is sounding discouraged because he can't seem to find anyone who is willing to split the costs to build time (preferably multi, but single IFR is ok too.) He has a Commercial multi/instrument which I personally trained him for.He has built nearlt 500 hours, many of them multi hours and has paid for them one hour at a time, sometimes working 3 jobs, while providing for a family, and despite all kinds of barriers and obstacles.

He is an excellent pilot, and I would say the best student I had in my 4 years as a CFI. He is so determined to have a career as a pilot. He need to get closer to 1000 hours to get on with a cargo outfit, though he is looking for pipeline positions etc. I just want to help this guy out. I've seen people with a lot more resources at their disposal give up, while this guy started with absolutely nothing and his dedication just impresses the hell out of me.

His foremer flying partners either didn't want to fly very often, or they ran short on money because they would spend it on other things like beer and going out. Every dollar my friend can spare goes toward flight time and he really needs to get with someone equally driven. He said he would like to find someone willing to fly for 3 hours at a time, swapping legs, splitting time. If there is anyone in the Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater area who would be interested in partnering up for some time building, please PM me and I'll gladly put you in touch with him.

Blue skies

Latest resources

Back