• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Time magazines view of Corporate aviation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought it was because the would need to stop in "one of those Red states" for fuel if the headwinds were strong....

Yes. Haster could go nonstop to IL so she wanted to go n/s to CA. The Boeing was the smallest option.

My favorite line from the article:
"The corporate fleet has mushroomed over the years as commercial service has deteriorated. Going from Grand Rapids, Mich. to Jackson, Miss.? That will only involve an entire day shoehorned into "regional" jets apparently made in a region where all the people are 4 ft. 6."

I wonder if Ackerman has lost any sleep over the 50 GM flight department employees he just caused to lose their jobs?

He knew that what he was saying was BS, but at the same time it would resonate with people that had no idea about the "real" face of corporate aviation and ultimately shame the big 3 into doing this.

Anyone know any of the pilots that lost their jobs as a result of this?

I thought it was because the would need to stop in "one of those Red states" for fuel if the headwinds were strong....

What kind of headwind would cause a G V to need a fuel stop from DC to the Left Coast?

Let's see, we (the taxpayers) are getting ready to lend these guys several billions of dollars and because of some show boating politician, they are driving to Washington? Do we really want them spending their time driving or do want them using every minute they have in figuring out how they are going to pay us back? Why do politicians use chartered jets? Efficiency is the reason. They can cover a lot of ground in a little bit of time. Hypocrits.

What kind of headwind would cause a G V to need a fuel stop from DC to the Left Coast?

Pretty sure a headwind that strong doesn't exist on this planet.

The 89th AW at Andrews AFB operates 5 C-20Bs (G-III) and 4 C-37As (G-V). Even if Pelosi was in the C-20B, I think a G-III could do ADW-SFO nonstop against the strongest winter winds every time.

There are also at least 3 C-40s (BBJ) based at Andrews...

Latest resources

Back