Time is comming fast

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyin Tony

I got my CFI at the end of April and now I have about 200-300 dual given. Now im getting burned out on it!!!!

then quit and find another job, leave more jobs for us that love doing it.

Hey Tony, don't give up so easy man, try to enjoy it as much as you can. Go to new places, always come upwith new challenges for you and your students. Some people had toteach for years before moving to a commuter, whilesome didn't, so suck it up my friend. I had 1200 dual given when I was hired, and I've flown wwith captains that HAD to teach for 7000 hrs.
So get the best put of it and don't complain, and in the mean time doyour very best to get a better job.

Good luck!!

El Flechas.

I'm just kidding man.

It does get old blabbering about right rudder all the time. In the summer I try to talk my students into doing cross countries to Alaska, in the winter it's the bahamas, can't hurt to try right? Anyway......gotta go, my beans are ready.

Read what Flechas said, I think he has the right idea.

Meanwhile, if you are getting bored and tired of it already, your students will pick up on that. I've seen more than one instructor take advantage of students just to build time, cancel on a whim to do something 'better', and then take advantage again when they didn't have another option at the time (read: right now). Don't be one of those instructors, you were there once. I'd wager that you have had an instructor do that to you. Remember that and don't be "that guy". Sure it gets old teaching steep turns and slow flight, but that is what you are being paid to do. When you are flight instructing (and doing your best at it) you are gaining valuable experience, as you are the one making the decisions. You will realize this someday when you go to training at your first flying job that revolves around getting people/things from point A to point B.

I'll stop now, I don't want to "preach". Hang in there, keep a good attitude, and do your students right. Not too many people want to be an educator for the rest of their life, and that is fine. At the rate you're going you will be able to move on quickly. Just make sure when it comes time to leave you aren't feeling guilty about how you have treated others (who are looking up to you) along the way.

There are just a few that should not be in a plane, they think they are doing everything thing right. I get alot of students from other CFI's at my FBO. They have it burned in there head that a plane cant land without full flaps. Thank God for ducktape. But then again you do have the few students that pay you a ton of money and buy you lunch and take you to Vegas all in one day.

Don't want to sound like a freak, but never short change any student! First of all it happened to me with one of my instructors 2) if something happens to them when they are flying, just remember your ALWAYS in their logbook 3) I know several people who got layed of from an airline and are now making LOTS of money flying for an old student. But hey if your just to burned out try something else or if any companies are around that you can sit right seat with once in a while I bet that would help you feel better. Good Luck

Latest resources

Back