• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tilton talking merger again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Continental. The name United is tarnished beyond belief.
"Continental" doesn't exist in the media's vocabulary generally. When they talk of the majors, they'll say Delta, American, United, Northwest, and others, but somehow Continental doesn't register. It'll easily be United.

Relax....at one time, the Continental name was tarnished beyond belief.

UAL/CAL a ton of Premium pax with beaucoup miles who are fine with UAL/CAL. All airlines have their detractors....even that fat guy has gripes.

Last edited:
I don't care about names I want the new entity to kick A $$. The workers at MAINLINE both CAL and UAL must be protected. As far as the 11 UAL express vendors hell...fire em all they suck!

I don't care about names I want the new entity to kick A $$. The workers at MAINLINE both CAL and UAL must be protected. As far as the 11 UAL express vendors hell...fire em all they suck!

great post!

That hit's the nail on the head. IF a merger happens, the majority of the career employees need to be protected and taken care of. At the end of the day, the pilot groups of both carriers have alot of say.. but that doesn't mean the FA's, mechanics and even ground staff should be forgotten about.

As far as the 11 UAX vendors, and the 3 (Colgan, Commutair and Express Jet) CALX vendors are concerned... that's where the cuts will come from. Just like it happened at the new Delta.

With a new 100 seat jet coming on the market in the next 2 years, I see the potential of a great merged airline to combat a new mighty Delta.
To date, not one Delta/NWA mainline pilot has been furloughed due to the merger, even though there were dozens of pilots predicting it would happen after the merger, then within a year, then after the SOC timeline.

Within the next two years, there will be more retirements, new rest rules and hopefully a global economic upturn. The future can be bright~

Time will tell~

My main concern isn't about where I'll end up after a merger, it's who's going to run the combined airline and what's their plan. The integration of the lists and who gets what or why is out of our hands and will more than likely be decided by an arbitrator. I want NOTHING to do with Tilton or any of his idiots. I don't want him on the board, as an advisor, or even having any influence at all at XXX airline. What I want is a kick arse airline that competes effectively against other carriers and provides a stable career for all of us. I want to enjoy going to work and when I'm done, I want to go home to a stable life and enjoy that too. Everything else is secondary. Just my thoughts...........

That's a fantastic idea. UAX should be in-house and flown by united crews. Actually, why not just remove the "express" name altogether?

My main concern isn't about where I'll end up after a merger, it's who's going to run the combined airline and what's their plan. The integration of the lists and who gets what or why is out of our hands and will more than likely be decided by an arbitrator. I want NOTHING to do with Tilton or any of his idiots. I don't want him on the board, as an advisor, or even having any influence at all at XXX airline. What I want is a kick arse airline that competes effectively against other carriers and provides a stable career for all of us. I want to enjoy going to work and when I'm done, I want to go home to a stable life and enjoy that too. Everything else is secondary. Just my thoughts...........

Great post! Wasn't Tilton recently voted one of the worst CEO's? How in the hell is that guy still running the place and how in his right mind could he think he would remain after a merger? That guy is a cancer to this industry.

That will truly be something to see. SkyWests's CR7's, Shuttle America E70's & Mesa CR7's would be eliminated from uax instantly. And now I pose the $64,000 question, which name do you all think would be kept? In my opinion, I think the older name should be kept (whichever one that is). Anyone know which of those two airlines have the more senior name?

Which name do you want kept?
CO?
UA?

Unitental
or, as someone once stated, Continited?

They are taking the front part of United Airlines and the last part of Continental Airlines and calling it: United Airlines

They can call it what ever the hell they want. If I'm getting paid with a descent contract I really don't care what name comes out of my mouth on the radio. I agree with an earlier frustrated post. Just get it over with so we can move forward. Get a fair SLI and be done with it.

PS Glen has got to go!!!

Latest resources

Back