• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tilton talking merger again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tilton wants a merger and has been outspoken for a long time about it. My guess is that nothing will happen till we start getting our arses kicked by Delta. From what I remember reading, Delta is up to there eyeballs in debt, but that's all relative when you start having 400 million dollar profits. If a merger happens, I hope we get what's fair to us as CAL pilots and what's fair to United pilots. Either way, if it goes down.....we have no real say as to how or when. First beer's on me....

If I was a CAL/UAL pilot the one thing I would be thinking of is that at least if we do merge then it puts to rest any notion of hooking up with US Airways. Which is a pretty good thing.

Just something to think about.

It appears my post about stapling went over wrong. It was tongue and cheek! Relax! I'm all for relative senority.

United needs to merge with a bank, not another airline. Continental is leveraged to the hilt and United ain't got nuthin left to sell. Best-o-luck with that...

let's just do this already! I'm sick of wondering when it will happen. Let's do the deal, merge the lists etc. So we can finally plan for our futures. I'm sick of wondering when i'll hold captain or 777 fo or whatever and always having to factor in a possible ual merger and how that will slow things down. Let's just *&**ing merge and move on. Of course, that's just my humble opinion.

nobody is gona get stapled. Saying things like that are counter productive. Ual pilots and us have on enemy already. That enemy is mgt. They stay up at night thinking of ways to screw us, literally. If a merger does happen i hope we can all treat each other fairly, step back and stand in each others shoes and work together.

... +1

Tilton has never really stopped talking about mergers. The latest ruffle was in response to a speech he gave in London over the weekend. Lot of talk about foriegn investment too.

This guy will stop at nothing in order to get his payday and it will happen as soon as the bank says so. The parking of the 737s was nothing more than to "right-size" UAL to manipulate the balance sheet.

CAL and UAL are just about ready to pull out of the oven. Heres hoping for the best.

Latest resources

Back