Tickles

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

avbug

I was just purusing Climbto350 and clicked on an ad for airnet systems (the freight folks). I just about coughed up a hairball when I read "Next to going to war, there is no more demanding flying..." (than flying for airnet).

Good goobers...from what planet to these folks hail??

same place where some hollywood actress compares walking through airport security to walking down "a sidewalk" in Tikrit

avbug said:

haha...I filled out one of their online apps a while back. As I'm not 135 qualified it was basically a waste of time (mine and theirs)......anyhow.....I get a postcard in a few days that says call to schedule an interview. So I call and talk to Craig (head weenie) who puts me on hold for a minute or two. As he rubs his sweaty palms on the bottom of the phone I get the muffled voices treatment for a while. He then comes back on and says "This is a mistake, we only hire the best of the best of the best." I do my best to stifle a snicker. Obviously I was not the best of the best of the best. I didn't ask what the best of the best of the best was. It was just weird.

avbug said:
I was just purusing Climbto350 and clicked on an ad for airnet systems (the freight folks). I just about coughed up a hairball when I read "Next to going to war, there is no more demanding flying..." (than flying for airnet).

I used to say losing an engine on takeoff in a multi was the worst case scenario. Thanks to you, I now say losing an engine on takeoff in a multi with people shooting at you is the worst case scenario.
Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

He then comes back on and says "This is a mistake, we only hire the best of the best of the best." I do my best to stifle a snicker. Obviously I was not the best of the best of the best. I didn't ask what the best of the best of the best was. It was just weird.

I'm reminded of Charlie Sheen as Topper Harley in Hot Shots. "We already sent the best of the best. Topper, you're the best of what's left."

I guess if they're hiring leftovers, I have a shot...

Latest resources

Back