tickets to Ireland

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

air cowboy

Looking for an affordable trip to Europe? Ireland is an ideal destination for budget-conscious travelers, featuring gorgeous landscapes, lively pubs and cheap flights from the United States.
US Airways knows this fact and is now offering round-trip flights to Ireland from select U.S. cities starting at $272. Fares do not include international taxes and are valid for travel Monday-Thursday through May 25th, 2009. A Saturday night stay is required.

Whether you’re interested in seeing the Guinness Factory in Dublin, or the Salthill Promenade in Galway, these flights to Ireland will take you where you need to go.
Especially if you didn’t get enough green in your St. Patrick’s Day this year, then the time to book a flight to Ireland is now! Be sure to enjoy the traditional music, pints of Guinness and some of the friendliest people in Europe

The above is from cheaptickets.com Last I checked, Us Airways buddy passes were $400 roundtrip for international. Some benefit. Discuss.

Lodging

The Irish Tourist Board publishes a list of inspected B&Bs, which can be helpful in choosing a place to stay.

The last time i non reved with one of my Daughters it was $75.:)
And lodging was free. Oh yeah i lived there for 24 years.
You will love the country, and when you go make sure you stay at a b&b not a hotel.;)

The last time i non reved with one of my Daughters it was $75.:)
And lodging was free. Oh yeah i lived there for 24 years.
You will love the country, and when you go make sure you stay at a b&b not a hotel.;)

Your right about the b&b's, and most of them have family rooms. However, there are some pretty nice hotels with the old world charm there. On a trip out west we stayed at Ashford Castle in Cong. Very nice and they have so many things to do that you don't even need to leave the castle grounds. Good craic!

Check it out http://www.ashford.ie/index.php

I'd also chance it with a ZED ticket and non-rev on Aer Lingus. The majority of their 330s have seatback on demand entertainment, which is good for the kids, and they don't charge non-revs for any extras like extra or overweight baggage.

Last edited:
Okay, thanks for the informative responses, that is the most polite helpful info i've seen on FI in a while, however, I'm not going to Ireland, the point of the thread was too discuss how much BS it is that management charges us more for space available buddy passes than they do for guaranteed seats to passengers.

I remember US airways sending a memo saying the reason they were doubling the buddy pass prices was because each seat cost 200 in fuel costs alone whether the seat was filled my a paying passenger or a nonrev. What a crock- trying to make employees think they are not making money off us!!! What they didn't say was that that seat would cost 200 with their math even if it was empty!!
Doesn't it p*ss anyone else off that they are making money off their employees?

Non-rev'd in November to Dublin, played for 2 days, had a great time. CVG-DUB, SNN-CVG was about $38 each way in first class. I highly recommend it!

Up until two days ago, I was planning a roadtrip across Ireland.

If push comes to shove when trying to get to/from DUB or SNN...RyanAir positive space to/from LGW is about 30 bucks USD if you incl. the basic fees.

I just spent last week in Dublin, had the best time ever.

Guiness tour was good, the Jameson was better.

Temple bar was crazy fun!

International first class both ways, personally drank first class out of rum both ways.

Hopefully my liver and I will be on speaking terms within a month.

Going home to Newry Co Down N Ireland next Monday for a week. Can't wait to see the family!!!

Latest resources

Back