Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What kinda happy ending?

Immelman said:
I don't own a bong.. but I can tell you this: my back is killing me today because I haven't been good and stretched consistently lately. When I do, no back pain :/

I agree. I'm prone to having back pain, but it virtually goes away when I get into a regular yoga routine. Problem is I think, great, I'm all fixed, don't have to do that anymore, and it comes back! Hard to believe all those stretching poses and breathing can do so much for you.

Immelman said:
And do all you rednecks who think yoga is for dirty pot-smoking hippies: You're wrong. It gives you a leaner, more toned, flexible, and less injury-prone body. I am not super into it (only been a couple times), but the scenery in class is also quite attratctive.

Dude dont give up the secret or there will be heaps of dirty old fat pilots at my yoga class.

Sorry for getting back on topic. 4 days ago looked at price of travel ROUND TRIP from NE Florida to SE Wisconsin. 18-22 Nov. (Yeah, Thanksgiving season more or less).

My airline of choice (FL): $559.00 with one segment on sale. And that's before we got to taxes, fees, etc.

Expedia: DELTA. $223.29. Taxes, Tags and Title. Even got an aisle seat.

I really love bankrupt airlines.

DL won that one.

I haven't purchased an airline ticket in 5 years yet travel overseas on average 3-4 times per year mostly on UA from ORD (Many thanks guys & girls.) This New Year however, I need to be in Sydney so I decided to purchase a Biz class RT seat on United ORD-SFO-SYD. My non airline friends believe it outrageous that I paid $7440.00 for a ticket and say that I am way out of touch with what an airline ticket should cost.
My question is don't you think this is reasonable considering....?

*The price of fuel
*The distance travelled
*It's high season in Australia
*It's a Business Class seat and I get to wear jeans and tennis shoes if I wish.

I checked prices the other day for a freind from AVL to EWR on CAL (flown by XJT) leaving on Nov 22nd and returning on the 26th. The round trip fair on Continental.com which has the lowest fare possible (they say) was $730.00.

Holy $hit I though. About time. BTW the flight is booked to 52/50. Probably since the flight is already oversold that may have something to do with the high price but who knows.

Latest resources

Back