Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Three Planes, Two Dead, One Crash...California Aerial Filming Ends in Tragedy.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
Two Die in Plane Crash While Filming Movie

February 27, 2006 - Two men are dead after the plane they were flying crashed in Kern County.

The coroner's office say three planes were filming a movie when the pilot of one of the planes lost control and slammed into a mountain.

One man was from Oregon and the other from Florida. The footage shot by the film crew is being reviewed by the National Transportation Safety Board.
:eek:

G*dayumn! That really sucks!

May he R.I.P.

For us not from around that part of the country, what part of California is Kern County located in?

Isn't Caneman doing some aerial movie work right now? Let's hope it wasn't him. Godspeed..

Swass said:
Isn't Caneman doing some aerial movie work right now? Let's hope it wasn't him. Godspeed..
Yes he is, although I'm not for sure if it was a movie or regular TV show. Sure hope he checks in soon and lets us know he's okay...

This was from Feb. 20th:

"Thanks Guys...Hey I got a gig flying for a show, so I'll be gone for a while. I'll check in from the road. This is gonna be fun. And there will be a lot of new flying videos soon. Thank you ALL for your support and comments. Pilots are the best friends I've had in my entire life. Glad to be part of this board.

Sincerely, Caneman"

User997 said:
Yes he is, although I'm not for sure if it was a movie or regular TV show. Sure hope he checks in soon and lets us know he's okay...

This was from Feb. 20th:

"Thanks Guys...Hey I got a gig flying for a show, so I'll be gone for a while. I'll check in from the road. This is gonna be fun. And there will be a lot of new flying videos soon. Thank you ALL for your support and comments. Pilots are the best friends I've had in my entire life. Glad to be part of this board.

Sincerely, Caneman"
Hmmm, that would be sad. I really enjoyed the Caneman videos.

Caneman, where are you?

FN FAL said:
Hmmm, that would be sad. I really enjoyed the Caneman videos.

While I didn't enjoy his videos, it would be a tragedy to lose another Flight Info personality.

I, for one, will be praying that it wasn't him.

I will also be praying for the souls who lost their lives, as well as their friends and families.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back