three-color vasi

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pireps

Anybody ever seen a tri-color VASI for real? If so, where? How about the "pulsating lightbeam"?

There is a pulsating VASI at SRR, Ruidodo, New Mexico. Every time I go in there I have to look at the AIM to figure out how to read the indicator......

Last edited:
GTU, Georgetown, TX had a P-VASI last time I was there (about a year ago). PEZ, Pleasanton, TX used to have a tri-color, but they've changed it to a PAPI a few years ago. That's the only Tri-color I have ever seen.

Heres one....whos seen an Alignment Of Elements?

I can't remember where I found one, but I'm pretty sure it was in western South Dakota.

IP076 said:
Heres one....whos seen an Alignment Of Elements?

I can't remember where I found one, but I'm pretty sure it was in western South Dakota.

Use to be one in Galax, VA (Twin County Airport). Not sure if it's still there or not.

Never seen a tri-color VASI. There is a Puslsating VASI on RWY 33 at Merril FIeld, Anchorage (MRI) Wonder how many there are, total. thay don't seem to be very common, I guess there's at least 3

There used to be an "alignment of the elements" at Lee Airport in Annapolis, MD. It worked until it got hit by a snowplow... Kind of messed up the "glideslope" to say the least.

Went to Castroville, Texas (T89) today with a student and they just put up a P-Vasi on runway 15. Pretty cool. Maybe they're coming back en-vouge.

Latest resources

Back