• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Three and one half stripes???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i know a guy who wears five stipes since the company makes him be dual qualified without extra pay since they will not hire more pilots. also because his dog ate the four bar ones.

Thunderworm and 757... this isn't about the stripes anymore. It's personal. There just aint enough room for three "Hoffs" on these here boards. I got the better picture of that fine man. You both need to just git now! You hear me... now GIT!

I had a set of goofy epaulets about ten years ago that had four stripes, but room for a fifth. My local seamstress helped me out on that one and I actually got my fifth stripe!

I though it was pretty funny, but my domicile CP had a different opinion.

GP

This kind of reminds me of when Chief Justice Rehnquist fashioned a robe with a bunch of extra stripes on it during the Clinton impeachment.

I still think Rehnquist was just having a good laugh at everyone's expense.

Some bars are hard enough to tell if they have three or four...but five...??? Let's just make it easy and give everyone four but pay by seniority!

Baja.

As my friend Chronic said, 3.5 stripes here at EVA is a Relief Captain, they are only authorized to assume command in cruise.

There are four ranks here:

Second Officer= 2 stripes
First Officer= 3 stripes
Relief Captain/Senior FO= 3.5 stripes
Captain = 4 stripes

Most long haul flights here operate with 3 pilots; FO, RCA, and Cap..

But jeez,,, how low on the totum pole do you have be to check your ego on the fact that you are a 3.5 guy.
Ya, you're ok to be the skipper as long as you have a fully qualified 3 striper (oh yeah, we trust him to LAND the plane), the autopilot is on and functioning, don't touch the radar, and leave my seat adjustment alone.

You CAN ring for coffee though,,,,

Hung

Most long haul flights here operate with 3 pilots; FO, RCA, and Cap..

Seems to me that the poor FO is the one getting the shaft with this deal. The four striper Captain only takes off/lands, and while in cruise, he is kicking it in the back with the flight attendants. The cruise captain sits in the real captains seat during the cruise portion (seat warmer), but the poor fo is up there for the duration. What a bad deal for him!!

I was in the hotel lobby in LA a couple of days ago, when this Asian airline crew came down. The FA's had dark green uniforms, and the pilots light blue with gold stripes.

There was of course, the captain with 4 stripes, an FO with 3 strips, and a third crewmember with 3 full strips and the 4th stripe which was 1/2 the width of the other three.

I'd never seen this before. What is he, a lance captain? An international relief pilot?

Thanks

Ask TheGuat, he'll know!!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back