• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thoughts go out to AA pilots and their families

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Airport management, the FAA and the airlines. They're all cheats and liars. All right, lets get outta here. Kramer

As a pretty senior Avantair pilot, and usually pretty positive-outlook person, I have been one to often speak of the good stuff we have had here. It's been a rough couple of years, and I have avoided complaining about it online, for the most part. But, gotta say, it's scary right now, and getting out of the flying biz has a lot of appeal.

I am a second career pilot, first one is calling me! Too bad being a ski-bum is lower on the poverty scale than a first year CFI!

I'm not looking thru Kool-Aid colored glasses, but as long as there are some owners out there with some stake in this, and people to fly them, we might have something to return to. Long or short term, one could stay current, at the very least. Reality is that it's kind of like an ILS to ACK at minimums, and when you ask the tower for the latest RVR, and they say "What do you need?"
You know you'll probably go missed, but just maybe... "Approach lights in sight..continue!"

That's the way it feels right now. Expect the worst, but just maybe something will materialize out of the fog.

And PS to everyone offering support and job help, Thanks.

Looks like we're diverting to our alternate...:(

Time to use 3585-I hope my second alternate is VFR-

Hope I find one before I really have to declare "Min Funds"

won't be long

Spirit is hiring fractional pilots. What does it hurt to fill out an app and take a shot? If you are cash strapped and you simply can't afford to look around, XJT and Republic are hiring and the upcoming exodus of Capts to the majors will mean decent movement. Don't give up hope - there are options.

Delta is getting ready to hire, USAir and United are both hiring. I think any current fractional pilot would be marketable to those airlines.

Delta is getting ready to hire, USAir and United are both hiring. I think any current fractional pilot would be marketable to those airlines.

Got my stuff in at all three, plus Spirit. A bunch of us are heading to LAS for the job fair this Saturday. Gotta have high hopes...

Best of luck! I think you will all do well having flown in a demanding environment.

Don't forget about EJM, always hiring, always growing

Effective July 10, 2013, David Haslett resigned his positions as President and Chief Operating Officer of Avantair, Inc. (the "Company") to pursue other opportunities. Mr. Haslett will remain with the Company on a consulting basis as needed.
Apparently not everyone who no longer works there is not still getting paid.

Latest resources

Back