Those who missed the age 65 deadline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Donald

Just wondering what the individual airlines are doing for those who missed the deadline.

At SWA, you must reapply and go through the entire hiring process. If hired, you are a true new hire with a new senority number.

I am not sure I follow. I thought if a pilot turns 60 before the law is actually in place, they are out. Pilots who are still 59 and younger when this is actually in place-and I am not sure when technically that will be-are good to go.

The law specifically states that anyone who previously retired and has not turned 65 can apply as a new hire with no credit for seniority or longevity. Neither the company or ALPA (or whoever your union is) can do anything about it. This was one of the changes from the previous bill that the FAA was trying to pass.

If you are over 60 move on, nothing to see here. If you need to come back to work, you should have stayed away from the flight attendants that made you have 3 wives and 7 kids

Amen brother.
Now if your a FE at say UPS/FedEx and you are over 60 but under 65, you can then reapply as a new hire and-go back to being a FE. Now that's real funny.

The Entitlement Generation

The law specifically states that anyone who previously retired and has not turned 65 can apply as a new hire with no credit for seniority or longevity. Neither the company or ALPA (or whoever your union is) can do anything about it. This was one of the changes from the previous bill that the FAA was trying to pass.

Now you know that law will be challenged by a class action law suit don't you? It seems that the generation of pilots busy pointing out how the rest of us are the 'entitlement generation' were entitled themselves to a part-time 200K job.

If they are really worried about safety, then they should apply at the regionals where their experience is really needed.

Now if your a FE at say UPS/FedEx and you are over 60 but under 65, you can then reapply as a new hire and-go back to being a FE. Now that's real funny.

No, all they need is a bid and they can move back to the left or right seat.

Latest resources

Back