Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

User546

The Ultimate Show Stopper
Who went to the NBAA in Orlando this year?

What did you enjoy, and what's new out there this year?

I attended the static display at KORL on Thursday and Friday and I would say that I was most impressed by the Gulfstream display. The G450 and G550 in particular. Very innovative cockpit and the best use of glass panel displays and pilot interface devices that I have ever seen. It kind of reminds me of a really advanced version of the Cirrus Avidyne system that I currently fly. Oh yeah, the cabin was pretty plush too, but that really didn't matter much to me. The Eclipse VLJ was pretty cool too. The engines are a lot smaller than I thought they would be. The are expecting certification sometime in May 2006. I also really liked the fully IFR equipped WACO that was there. I'd bet it's pretty cool flying IFR in an open cockpit biplane.

The funniest thing that I saw was the HONDA Jet Development guy taking measurements of the Cessna Mustang's cabin.

I think that overall it was a good show. I wish I could have gone to the convention center though. I'll be working towards flying that G550 from here on out.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?...RNA ZBQR)) BEQRE OL cubgb_vq QRFP&photo_nr=4

New A/C

Hawker 850XP, Challenger 605,Lear 60XR, Embraer Phenom 100 & 300, Grob SP(Not present but lots of press) Encore+.

Falcon 7X looked cool.

Phenom 300 is gonna give the Beechjet a run for its money.

Hawker Horizon doing so poorly they had to change its name to Hawker 4000.

Pretty good show.

Learned not to get on the bus labled "shuttle" without finding out where it is going!!!!!!!!!!! Got a lovely tour of the hotles for 1.5 hrs instead of back to static. DUH

Last edited:
Overall - a fun and educating experience. By far Gulfstream had the top-notch display followed by Bombardiar, Cessna, and Dassalt. I have to admit, the G-3, 4, & 5 were nice...but the cabins are very narrow. I'd rather have a Global or Challenger. A few folks selling overpriced used aircraft were entertaining to listen to. The lines for walkthroughs on many of the bigger jets were very long. The food court stunk!

Highlights: The WACO and Eclips were myfavorites. The weather was near perfect (unless you didn't put sunscreen on, then you're definitely hurting today). I never made it to the convention center. Overall, I'm glad I went (thanks, Boss) but I don't think I'll want to go again for a few (plus) years. If you can't afford it, what's the use in looking.

AZT

I was at the Convention center on Wednesday and the Static Display Thursday until about 1:30pm... Mainly went out there to see the Falcon 7X and the G-450 & G-550. I hadn't been in either and wanted to see them first hand before we take delivery of ours...

400A,

What was anounced about the Challenger 605? This is the first I've heard of a 604 upgrade A/C. What are the changes?

SCT

Falcon Capt said:
I was at the Convention center on Wednesday and the Static Display Thursday until about 1:30pm... Mainly went out there to see the Falcon 7X and the G-450 & G-550. I hadn't been in either and wanted to see them first hand before we take delivery of ours...

Falcon,

Y'all getting a 7x?

Dangerkitty said:
Falcon,

Y'all getting a 7x?

Kitty--He switched teams. They are getting a Gsomething50. :D TC

I'm still here, leaving tomorrow. I was stuck working midnight to noon every day, which stunk on ice, but it was still fun. I can't believe how many airplanes came in for the show. I took a bunch of photos, when I get home I'll post them for all to see. I got to go in the static display, but wasn't able to get to the convention center. Maybe next year, and hopefully I can come as a spectator, not a worker.

Latest resources

Back