Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

capt. megadeth

Metal Momma!
I just saw this on the news. If you collect a certain number of cups from Wendy's, you get a free ticket on Airtran. Ok, whatever.

What is even more pathetic is the chick on there that said she spent 60 hours sifting through garbage collecting cups and was proud to say she got 4 free round trip tickets for her and her family.

It's a marketing gimick. If she wants to dumpster dive for cups, more power to her. She got 4 free tickets.

I think it's a pretty good idea. Wendy's gets more business, Coke sells more product, and AirTran fills the seats that were going to go empty in the first place. They will probably gain future customers as well.

I'm sure there's a lot of blackout dates with this program.

I am not saying it's not a good idea. I am saying it's pathetic that someone would rather sift through garbage for 60 hours. I would rather go to work for 60 hours and buy the tickets.

capt. megadeth said:
I am not saying it's not a good idea. I am saying it's pathetic that someone would rather sift through garbage for 60 hours. I would rather go to work for 60 hours and buy the tickets.

Agreed.

I read on another site that some individuals had collected over 500+ cups from dumpster diving until they were caught by store managers and the police.
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=149810&page=119

capt. megadeth said:

See there's the reason you fly freight (I'm not dogging you for it, either. I'd do and want to do the same thing for the same reasons). You don't have to deal with the 60-Hour-Dumpster-Diver and her family on your flight. It doesn't matter how long it took. It's more about, "Wow, ya'll, look at how much we saved on dem tickets for the air flight thingy! We can go to 2 NASCAR races this year and get the tires balanced on the trailer!"

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post are not ragging on NASCAR fans, just rednecks in general. No offense was intended and no hillbillies were harmed in the making of this post.:D

People are selling cups on Ebay. I just did a search for "Airtran" and the top 5 auctions were for groups of cups.

Maybe some Wendy's employees found a way to supplement their income.

Funny that AirTran (ValueJet by any other name is still...) got all upset over Bud Light's Real Men of Genius "Mr. Discount Airline Pilot Guy" and yet they give out free flights with fast food cups.

Announcer from the ad: Sure, we’re concerned for our lives. Just not as concerned as saving nine bucks on a round trip to Fort Myers.

Irony at its best. BTW, I'm only 56 cups away...

Would seem a lot easier to me to pay some minimum wage Wendy's worker a couple of bucks to hand me a sleeve of cups then dig in the garbage for them.

I'm sure it doesn't take 60hrs to dive to get the required amount of cups. AC has a good idea of slipping the min wage cashier a few bucks for a sleeve of cups.

Latest resources

Back