This is pretty ugly

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HEY HUCK

Maybe if ALPA or any other union involved would shand up to management once in a while, we may not be where we are. I have paid almost $800 in union dues over the past 2 1/2 years, and that's ALOT to a REGIONAL PILOT, and all I have gotten in return are pay cuts and less job protection. I think it's funny that I had to take a RETROACTIVE paycut back to July last year and ALPA is not willing to re-emburse it's pilots the difference in their dues.

Maybe it's time for ALPA and the other traditional unions to just go away because they are toothless tigers that have outlived their usefulness. It would be nice to have a union that would fight back for it's dues paying members. Thank you Duane Worth for a job well done.. I guess he ownes stock in K.Y. Jelly or vasaline, because all the pilot groups associated with ALPA have had to put alot on their backsides to take the kind of SCREWING that management laid on us.....

PEACE... OUT

screwing

Me thinks that you protest too much.

You come to an industry that has a history for being highly cyclical with heavy turnover short of the majors and then think that a union should be able to handle that easily by being more demanding. In addition, apparently you feel you should not be subject to the samne vulgarities that the companies and industry is.

In effect, ALPA is not in position to dictate anything. The reason is that not everyone has to play by ALPA rules and so there will always be someone or some event that controls the situation more than they do.

How can you want a stronger situation when the companies cannot stand strikes or any of the tradional power moves that the union may make.

Latest resources

Back