• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

This is bad news from the IRS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Absolutely! That's why most (not all) contract names are corporations, trusts, or end in LLC.

100% correct.

Regarding legal liability for an incident, it is hard to pierce the corporate veil and that is why the individual owning the a/c uses a LLC or other similar entity. Practically speaking, the plaintiffs are going to pursue the frac company as they are the ones operating the a/c.

Not sure you mean that, or even what you mean...just dangerous with enough information to get me and others in trouble...I can work a computer keyboard and that alone is dangerous...

100% correct.

Regarding legal liability for an incident, it is hard to pierce the corporate veil and that is why the individual owning the a/c uses a LLC or other similar entity. Practically speaking, the plaintiffs are going to pursue the frac company as they are the ones operating the a/c.

They'll pursue the entity with the deepest pockets (and not just one entity). Keep up, grasshopper.

You could if it was a pass thru entity for tax purposes such as a partnership or LLC. An airline is a "C corp" and the depreciation and taxes are handled at the corporate level, it does not pass thru to the shareholders.

Frac owners (via their special purpose entities) take title in a specific aircraft even though they may not fly on that specific a/c. That is the difference, which is form over substance, with an airline shareholder.

I wonder if the Frax Company providing transportation in an N# that's not partially owned by the share owner enters into the IRS's thinking?

Not sure you mean that, or even what you mean...just dangerous with enough information to get me and others in trouble...I can work a computer keyboard and that alone is dangerous...

You ain't the golden of goose's now are you?

Latest resources

Back