This has got to be a joke!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Computer Geek

This is a Job description on planejobs. Posted today.

Pilots corporate jet airplanes to transport passengers, mail, or freight or for other commercial purposes.
1. Reviews ship's papers to ascertain factors, such as load weight, fuel supply, weather conditions, and flight route and schedule. 2. Orders changes in fuel supply, load, route or schedule to ensure safety of flight. 3. Reads gauges to verify that oil, hydraulic fluid, fuel quantities, and cabin pressure are at prescribed levels prior to starting engines. 4. Starts engines and taxies airplane to runway. 5. Sets brakes and accelerates engines to verify that oil, hydraulic fluid, fuel quantities and cabin pressure are at prescribed levels prior to starting engines. 6. Contacts control tower by radio to obtain takeoff clearance and instructions. 7. Releases brakes and moves throttles and hand and foot controls to take off and control airplane in flight. 8. Pilots airplane to destination adhering to flight plan and regulations and procedures of federal government, company and airport. 9. Responsible for safely conducting assigned flights. 10. Logs information, such as time in flight, altitude flown and fuel consumed. 11. Attend work on a regular basis, on time, and withstand varying degrees of stress.

Stressed me out just reading the ad.. :eek:

7. Releases brakes and moves throttles and hand and foot controls to take off and control airplane in flight.

8. Pilots airplane to destination adhering to flight plan and regulations and procedures of federal government, company and airport.

Nothing about gently returning the "ship" to earth. Guess that is not as important as:

5. Sets brakes and accelerates engines to verify that oil, hydraulic fluid, fuel quantities and cabin pressure are at prescribed levels prior to starting engines.

But I am just a dumb pilot. I still haven't figured out how to accelerate the engines to verify oil, fluid and fuel prior to engine start.

How much you want to bet the HR Department has a guy that took some flying lessons 10 years ago?

You got to love the H.R. department! These are the same guys that think that all jets are called learjets. Go figure.

Actually, the landing is outsourced to cheap and illegal migrant workers.

100-1/2

Hey, I applied for it. Right in my neck-o-da-woods. You're also guaranteed to go to EVERY Auburn football game. WAR DA-N EAGLE!! :) :)

Latest resources

Back