• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

This doesn't look good...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm afraid we are about to witness a historic event - the worst natural disaster in US history. I hope I'm wrong...

Beads?

Will all these beads around my neck help me float?

W

QUOTE=wrxpilot]I'm afraid we are about to witness a historic event - the worst natural disaster in US history. I hope I'm wrong...[/QUOTE]

what's interesting is that it was a pretty tame storm in florida. it just dumped some rain. somehow 4 people died, though....

it looks impressive (to say the very least) on radar. let's hope my friends in louisiana and mississippi have insurancce!

CAT-5 so quickly !! Holy Mackrel !!

These next 24 hours will probably seem the longest 24 hours in the Big Easy's history. Our thoughts are with our brothers down in the bayou. Hopefully Katrina will show mercy.
Katrina turning into a Cat-5 so quickly just doesn't look promising though.
Man.....this is going to SUCK.
'Nawlins is going to need a lot of time to get back on it's feet after this one.
We'll keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

BBD

cforst513 said:
what's interesting is that it was a pretty tame storm in florida. it just dumped some rain. somehow 4 people died, though....

it looks impressive (to say the very least) on radar. let's hope my friends in louisiana and mississippi have insurancce!

It caused an incredible amount of damage in Florida. It lifted 5 15000ton beams off of a bridge(under construction) and dumped them on a highway below. Thousands of people are without power until the middle of next week. Trees are down everywhere you look. So it didn't just "dump some rain"

Rattler71

cforst513 said:
They reported on MSNBC yesterday that all the deaths that were caused by Katrina in Florida was due to trees falling on occupied cars.

Latest resources

Back