This been posted yet? http://www.age60classaction.com/

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Patriot328

Nice touch, linking the "plight of the it's-all-about-me old farts" to the blacks' emanicpation from slavery... jesus f'ing chr*st, the arrogance....

Dear Pilots and Friends from ALL Airlines:

This message is for ALL of you regardless of your company affiliation, whether retired prior to November 23, 2006, after November 23, or still working.

This past week some monumental things have occurred.

ALPA, through its Executive Board, has voted to change its longstanding and illegal self-governmental policy concerning the controversial Age 60 Rule. Several people have been diligent and persistent in bringing this “enlightenment” to ALPA.

On April 6, 2007, Captain Gene Hamilton Carswell, with the assistance of his attorneys, primarily Rosemary Dettling, Esq., a seasoned trial attorney in EEOC and ADEA issues who resides in Washington, DC (see her bio at www.age60classaction.com ) filed legal charges against ALPA, AFL-CIO and US Airways.

We believe that this action, along with Captain Carswell’s persistence in regard to filing grievance complaints with ALPA and EEOC complaints against US Airways, ALPA and the AFL-CIO finally has resulted in ALPA’s realization that the policy they have adopted and lobbied intensely for, specifically the Age 60 Rule, was and is illegal and has resulted in age discrimination against pilots nationwide.

Recently two groups have filed actions against the FAA. We have been very quiet these last few months so as not to detract from these efforts that we support. However, Captain Carswell and his attorneys believe that RELIEF will not be achieved in that format and venue.

ALPA’s primary interest now and as demonstrated in the past is to protect itself and its “partners” (your Company and the AFL-CIO), by preventing litigation against themselves for the damages that they have brought upon you.

Some groups of individuals are pursuing legislation that would incorporate the Age 60 change, yet is designed primarily to protect the Companies and Unions from litigation. This legislation itself, however, is fraught with age discrimination, in that it suggests that there be NO RETROACTIVITY, i.e. any pilot having already reached the age of 60 shall not be allowed any claim of seniority. This is also ALPA’s primary new objective in regard to this issue.

Recently a pilot made the analogy that this would be akin to not allowing freedom to African Americans who were alive at the time of the emancipation proclamation, and that only those children born after the proclamation would be allowed freedom.

Obviously this is BLATANT AGE DISCRIMINATION...

Some of us have worked very hard and expended tremendous resources to bring this action to fruition, and a number of you have asked to join in this action against age discrimination.

We finally have the correct tools in place to take action
to right this conspiracy against us.

We finally have the right venue to take action.

We finally have the right attorney.

Take this opportunity to recover what has been taken from you by powerful organizations that do not have your best interest at heart. Recover the damages that have been inflicted upon you. Your expense will be minimal and your potential return is enormous. Please visit our web site, read our lawsuit and determine if you wish to join us.

Go to http://www.age60classaction.com .

Sincerely,

Pilots for Age 60 Class Action

They will all be over 80 or dead by the time this would get to trial......if they 'fast tracked it"

This should be interesting, particularily because they cannot exclude the FAA from this suit!

Pilots whom have benifited all their lives from the age 60 rule now call foul and think it's not fair when they have to retire to benifit the next generation.

Cry me a fu*$king river.

Personally, I don't see my self being excited about another 5 years of 4 day trips when I turn 60. Don't any of your guys have lives outside of aviation, thing you might want to do before you die, or are you just going to want the age limit moved to 70 in 5 years?

I think it all boils down to too many wives, too big a house, stupid with your money, and broke as all he!!. That boys and girls, should not be my problem.

Pilots whom have benifited all their lives from the age 60 rule now call foul and think it's not fair when they have to retire to benifit the next generation.

Cry me a fu*$king river.

Personally, I don't see my self being excited about another 5 years of 4 day trips when I turn 60. Don't any of your guys have lives outside of aviation, thing you might want to do before you die, or are you just going to want the age limit moved to 70 in 5 years?

I think it all boils down to too many wives, too big a house, stupid with your money, and broke as all he!!. That boys and girls, should not be my problem.

I could not agree more!!

I think I will start a classaction lawsuit about how I have to be an FO. I mean I have a type and lots of hours so I think it only fair that I just skip right on over to the left seat. Right. Little help here.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! :laugh:

Latest resources

Back