• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Thinking of getting my CFI...

epic!

Total Time
some
I graduate college in a few months and feel my only chances of building time and gaining experience at the moment is with a CFI. I have no hold ups about the getting it (training, costs, check ride) its just the actual of process of instructing that Im not feeling too keen on. Im typically not too good at explaining things or giving clear instructions. Is this something that will go away or I should work on? Id appreciate any advice. Thanks

The_Russian

Low Level Pilot
Total Time
Beer30
I graduate college in a few months and feel my only chances of building time and gaining experience at the moment is with a CFI. I have no hold ups about the getting it (training, costs, check ride) its just the actual of process of instructing that Im not feeling too keen on. Im typically not too good at explaining things or giving clear instructions. Is this something that will go away or I should work on? Id appreciate any advice. Thanks
Absolutely! You'll learn to love it over time. Teaching is fun, and it is only intimidating before you actually experience it. After that, it is quite rewarding for you and the student. Can you get employed right there where you work now when you finish the CFI training?

epic!

Total Time
some
Absolutely! You'll learn to love it over time. Can you get employed right there where you work now when you finish the CFI training?

more than likely. im friends with everyone at the flight schools

legendskid_44

Need a job
Total Time
Low
best decision i've made. learn a lot about your abilities of flying

AMRAAM

Fire and Forget
Total Time
Remember: the student typically knows way less that you (if anything at all), so you have the upper hand. You'll stumble a little, but you'll find your feet and as the others have said: you'll learn a bunch.

CFI is a great move