Thinking of Getting Back In- Half Way

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

antney

Been out of aviation for almost 10 years now, left a regional back in 2004 (3,000 hours turboprop), started a construction company have become pretty successful in terms of money being made, life style and family life. But for the life of me every time I see a plane go over my head I think what if I stuck it out, were would I be now..........That is the frustrating part to want to go back.

I am looking to get back in some fold, I cant go the airline route, I have 4 kids under 7, my wife wont let that happen plus with the pay cut and time away from home is not a reality in the time frame it would take to make the same money I do now. Ideally I would love to be able to fly some charter or corporate part part time, a trip a month. Does that exist out there? Just thinking with all the hiring there might be some need for this, I live in the Chicagoland area as well.

Appreciate any insight, just cant get this out of my head and trying to find a fix for my craving without jumping all the way back in!!!!

Teaching is an option. Would eventually like to get back in flying a little more complex planes, twins or corp jets if able.

Latest resources

Back