• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thinking of building an ark in Tampa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
d'oh. low blow rick. low blow. haha. i was wearing my leather jacket this morning. summer my a$$. i've gotta find a way to get back to tampa. need an f.e. on that '200? :D

ack is ack. i'm getting good at the ils 24 to mins. hehe. supposed to get some sun this week. i'm convinced the meteorologist is lying. i forcast 1/4sm BR FG VV001. that's pretty much what it has been. ugh to the weather gods.

Kingairrick, Shawn C,
Its also raining pretty good between the TPA and Long boat, when you float by Naples in one of those arks come and pick me up, its time for a booze run before i can't make it to the store. got plenty of Captains, Tequilia and Grand mar.....

StravingCFI,
I've done that ILS in to ACK many a times when I was with cape, I know it stays solid I for a week sometimes on the rock. you get some dam good IFR expierence though.
Have fun Fly Safe

Last edited:
Rick,

We don't have it nearly as bad, Punta Gorda has 13.23", we only had 6 something.

Styles,

I remember Oregon, great state... when it wasn't raining. The last day I lived there was the week before Xmas (I believe) where they had torrential raid and everything was flooded. The bridges were stuck in the up position, downtown water front was a collection of sand bags. Thats what this rain is like to us.

Oh also check out the MIA area I know there are a number of positions open down there (I have the same day job, except as a consultant). I just don't want to move down there, not to big of a fan of big cities.

Oh a picture from out in front of my house:

http://lazyeights.net/Avion/redbenz.jpg

Note the street name: Gulf Side :eek:

Starving,

Where you at today that you needed a coat? I have to head to Fargo, ND and it's pretty moderate there (8SM CLR 20/19) though it is going to be storming (aka not much different than here).

Edit: Ok I been doing too much TCP/IP, I thought you meant ACK as in acknowledgment. Doesn't seem to bad there either.

Last edited:
stingray said:
Kingairrick, Shawn C,
Its also raining pretty good between the TPA and Long boat, when you float by Naples in one of those arks come and pick me up, its time for a booze run before i can't make it to the store. got plenty of Captains, Tequilia and Grand mar.....

Will do. But I have pretty much given up and building the Ark. I am now trying to buy a Russian Aircraft Carrier. That way I can still fly. :p

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back