• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Things To Do In Monterey Ca

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We were just there for the Pebble Beach Pro-Am. Drive along 17 mile drive, very nice drive, bring your camera. Lots of water views and nice homes, golf courses.

Drive south toward Big Sur on Hwy 1. Just south of Big Sur, there is a restaurant called Nementhe. A little pricey, but good quality food (excellent burger). The view is supposed to be fantastic 808 feet above the ocean. The day we were there it was foggy/rainy. There is a gift shop on the lower level.

Supposedly, the Monterey aquarium is great, they have discounted tickets at the Monterey Jet Center. And Carmel by the Sea is a quaint little, artsy, boutique kind of area to look around.

The folks at Monterey Jet Center were fantastic. If you can rent a sportier car, it will be more fun on US 1(we had a Mazda 626). We ended up flying some charters while we were there and didn't have as much time to see the sights.

Hope you have a great time. I was impressed by that part of California.

The aquarium is incredible I hear, although I didnt make it to it. Mucky Duck bar has a good happy hour :)

Monterey is a very cool place. Its been years but off the top of my head.

the Aquarium
Los Lobos wildlife sactuary
Sea Kayaking
Scuba diving

Got a car:
Go up to Santa Cruz
Check out the town and the Beach Boardwalk.

Drive down the coast Highway 1:
Big Sur, beautiful hiking and hot springs.
San Anselmo & Hearst Castle

Cannery Row

Ditto all of the above. Check out Cannery Row. Jogging trails, shops, restaurants, fishing excursions. Oh...and bring a sweater. As Mark Twain once said, "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco".

Latest resources

Back