Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Capthuff

A Pirate past 40
So, I posted the following on the charter board.

Hey all,
I need a Current Hawker driver, PHL area, 135 exp is helpful. Idea candidate will have 4000tt, 1000 Jet, 500 jet PIC. Please fax your resume to 610-495-5744.
Thank you.

And then I posted the correct fax # of 610-495-4543

Now, I figured with 9000 members I would get alot of replies and resumes.

1 resume and 1 PM

Now to be fair, it has only been since friday - and today is monday, and of course, it is memorial day.

I need to be patient.

This is, however, a full time position with salary and benefits.
Also, the quals listed are "ideal" not "mandatory"

Blue skies

Cappy

Last edited:
OK .......and?

out of 9000 members I am sure maybee 1 or 2 of them do not have that 4000TT 1000JET and 500JET PIC- possibly that may explain a few things.

the quals listed are "ideal" not "mandatory"

Then what would be not so "ideal".? (just curious since they are not "mandatory" as you have stated)

3 5 0

Quals

Did you try posting on the other forums on the board, in particular the airline forums? You must admit that your requirements are pretty specific.

Advice to aspirants: It never hurts to apply for a job, even if you are not sure you meet all the requirements. The worst that can happen is you are told "no" and you just might be told "yes."

A 2,500 hour pilot needs a pilot?

What's up with that?

So, I posted the following on the charter board.

Hey all,
I need a Current Hawker driver, PHL area, 135 exp is helpful. Idea candidate will have 4000tt, 1000 Jet, 500 jet PIC. Please fax your resume to 610-495-5744.
Thank you.

And then I posted the correct fax # of 610-495-4543

Now, I figured with 9000 members I would get alot of replies and resumes.

1 resume and 1 PM

Now to be fair, it has only been since friday - and today is monday, and of course, it is memorial day.

I need to be patient.

This is, however, a full time position with salary and benefits.
Also, the quals listed are "ideal" not "mandatory"

Blue skies

Sounds like someone wants fly their personal jet with an insurable pilot on board and was in a hurry to fire the last pilot that was doing that job. Or it sounds like some copilot that works somewhere is trying to pat himself on the back for listing a job starting out with "I NEED A PILOT"

Or it sounds like some copilot that works somewhere is trying to pat himself on the back for listing a job starting out with "I NEED A PILOT"

If you knew more about the situation, as I do, you'd have a different speculation.

A certain company may place some additional planes in the area, and an additional captain is sought. The DO is a good friend of the poster, and the members here are getting "first crack" at a job.

Reasonable guess, though.

Last edited:
Before you get berated to death, thank you for thinking of posting here first. I don't have half the time you want, but it is still nice to see someone trying to do something good.

Just think of all the fax ink you're saving!

Actually Bobby,
I kinda thought everyone read all the boards - like me.

And I'm not at all surprised if people don't want the job because it is in the PHL area. It isn't the greatest place to live, especially if you are a die-hard Buccaneer fan like I am.

It is for a Hawker 700
As for how many days off (because that is what every one seems to be concerned with), it is a 91/135 gig. So I can guarantee you wont get 15 days off a month but probably more than 6.

350 - what I meant is if you are anywhere near close, send a resume anyway, it cant hurt.

I am getting more interest now and I'm not going to post on any of the job boards.

Cappy

Board reading

Capthuff said:
Actually Bobby,
I kinda thought everyone read all the boards - like me.
You mean . . . . like me?!? :)
And I'm not at all surprised if people don't want the job because it is in the PHL area. It isn't the greatest place to live, especially if you are a die-hard Buccaneer fan like I am.
I've never been to Philly but I'm sure there are far worse places in which to live, e.g., Farmington, NM.

Good luck with finding the right applicant - I'm sure you will.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back