Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kiwi

Namaste
1st time there and staying at the Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar.

Flying into MMSD San Jose Del Cabo.

Whats a guy 2 do???

Do a seach on here for Cabo San Lucas. There was a post a couple months ago about it, and there was a lot of participation and ideas.

Its a great place to go, but make sure your not the one who has to do the preflight on the airplane. That heat and humidity at the airport is almost unbearable!

Spend LOTS of money!

Golf, fishing or 'tang will cost you. Norte Americano gringo cash is always welcome. Or if that is not an option, just hang around at the hotel or go down to Cabo and walk around. Or bring a good book. It's kinda fun your first couple times if you have the dough. Eat at the hotel, "Lenny's allmost kosher deli" or anywhere else that filters their water. If you get that little "bug" from untreated water, you'll wish you hadn't. Veggies and ice are the usual culprits. Locals are immune to it.

Any "problems" with paperwork (Mexican insurance, tourist visa etc..) that crop up at the airport are easily solvable with a small fee paid in cash to el commandante de la aeropuerto! Usually, engaging the services of a handler helps you to avoid any "difficulties". The fuelers accept UVair or Baseops cards. And of course, cash american dollars!

Everyone speaks english and are generally very friendly. There are worse destinations. I'm just nearly as tired of Cabo as I am of Vegas. Have fun.

Best,

charter dog said:
Spend LOTS of money!
There are worse destinations. I'm just nearly as tired of Cabo as I am of Vegas. Have fun.

Best,

Ha Ha that made me laugh - we are going to Vegas after Cabo San Lucas.....

Someone on this board is in Cabo right now. Lets see if he checks FI on the road :D

Cabo Wabo cantina. What a dump. You will see a lot of gringo tourists, just get the tee shirts and go some where else.

Frozen margaritas are made from local ice. As the previous poster said, beware. Bottled beer is always okay. Salad bars also a no no. Eat something baked, boiled, or grilled. Ask for your coke (coke light for diet coke) sin huelo (no ice).

Walk the marina, look at all the yachts. Amazing. It will be hot, do it after dinner, about 9pm.

I found it to be pretty expensive. Use your credit card for the best exchange rate.

Take plenty of bottled water from the plane.

As long as you don't eat the ice you will be okay. If your looking for something cheap to do rent a surfboard.

Rent a car and head north up the coast about an hour to Todos Santos - it's a welcome relief from all the tourist crap in Cabo. Nice little artsy town, lots of cool interesting American refugees. NICE restaurants, a movie theater that runs new releases in English. There's a great learn-to-surf beach where I rented a "soft board" with neoprene on the top, so no slippy riding.

Latest resources

Back