Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ShawnC

Skirts Will Rise
Jesus Christ, just when you thought the anti-GA stories were over for a little while after the Dan Rather story, now two plane crashes in a matter of three days. 1 Dead in the Clearwater crash, and 2 dead in the Venice crash. Of course the channel 8 news was showing the distraught home owners.
"They come in low and chop the power..."

You know I only fly for myself, but I am pretty sure that's part of landing.

"...and sometimes it's only a student on board."

Wow, someone actually in training who would have taught. Does that mean we should ban student drivers? Everyone was a student once, well maybe not Avbug.

Venice:
http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040119/NEWS/401190349/1060

Clearwater Mid-air:
http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040118/NEWS/401180408/1004/news

Last edited:
Here is another one from last week. I didn't know the student but took many o' checkride from the DE. Send my students to him. Awesome guy, he will be missed. story
Second story

I'm still a student, and probably always be, but not by necessity. My certification came courtesy of the good folks at Cracker Jacks.

There are a lot of GA airplanes out there, they go up, down and sometimes crash. Look at NTSB reports and at least one crashes almost every day. The U.S. is also a big country with many different types of terrain, weather, and bad pilots.

Keep it safe!

Latest resources

Back