• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

They had what it takes to wear the yellow tie

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny, our company is pretty darn proud of that tie. I would put more emphasis on our killer shoes man! Not one blister yet!

clickclickboom - I almost blew my wad over your avatar!:eek: I am not sure I have seen a derrier like that since.......Platinum, nah......Diamond Club, nah....., oh well, it's a good one.

DBCOOPER said:
Funny, our company is pretty darn proud of that tie. I would put more emphasis on our killer shoes man! Not one blister yet!

Too funny - re-reading your post reminded me of a dream last night. Something about asking if those shoes were company issued. :smash:

Drrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......now I dreaming about this stuff - what's next?

Nope, not a clip on like I had back in my former life of flying. CS actually takes pride in the uniforms they provide us. Every pilot is taken to Richards, which is an upscale store in Grenwich, CT. and measured for a suit. Shirts are tapered to our liking, also provided is a nice (not gay) sweater and a winter jacket. A real jacket, not a Matrix trench coat like I'm used to wearing at previous jobs. As previously mentioned, shoes are provided...not what I would wear with my own suit, but hey...I've never been provided with sleds before, I'll take them.

Overall, a good outfit.....it's nice to walk through a terminal and not be hounded by pax asking me where gate 53 is (when usually it is right in front of them). Only complaint is with the name tag on the dress coat, sometimes we're mistaken for bellmen at a hotel. I have been asked to take someone's bags to their hotel room. What would you do?

I'd show 'em my tie, and say "Look Pal, I'm one of the few. Now get out of my FACE!"

What? You don't like my blue tie?

:erm:

Last edited:
DBCOOPER said:
I have been asked to take someone's bags to their hotel room. What would you do?

Smile, grab the tip, and take the bag to YOUR room. Merry Christmas to me, Merry Christmas to me? Oh, I thought you were taking pity on me and giving me your stuff.

FYI, management might feel like touting the "Yellow", but to most it's just kind of gross. The "Yellow" tie can be avoided by wearing the tie shorter or moving it to the side before unzipping. My 2 cents.

Latest resources

Back