Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

They all called,now what. CAL,JB,SW,Cathey?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
By the time you are ready for the Cathay you will be Captain for SWA....

Or - Tell JB to show it, tell CAL to get better bases, go but your type for SWA and keep on stufing for Cathay...

Best of luck!!

BTW - is this real or a 4/01 joke??

Baja.

BTW - is this real or a 4/01 joke??

Baja.[/quote]

Seriously ??????

Nobody wants me!!!!!

It was an April fools joke, I've had stuff in with all of them for about 2-3 years, been to AirInc. twice and nobody wants me...

hyflyt560 said:
Study for the Cathay interview and that will prep you for any other interview you'll get. If they all offer you a job, go with CX.

OK. Obviously the original post was a 4/1 joke (although I went to an Air Inc seminar and was called by JB, CAL and World within 3 weeks.) Anyway -- I am curious why you would rate Cathay so high? I'm under the impression that if you want to make a career of that place you will eventually have to move to HK, otherwise you will hit a glass ceiling as a US-based 747F CA earning in the low-100's.

(For the record: CAL, JB, SWA, Cathay)

GogglesPisano said:
OK. Obviously the original post was a 4/1 joke (although I went to an Air Inc seminar and was called by JB, CAL and World within 3 weeks.) Anyway -- I am curious why you would rate Cathay so high? I'm under the impression that if you want to make a career of that place you will eventually have to move to HK, otherwise you will hit a glass ceiling as a US-based 747F CA earning in the low-100's.

Spot-on info there...good research.

Last edited:
If you are single go to Cathay .......no run to Cathay. Cathay is the stand out in my opinion. It would be an excellent opportunity to fly with some cool pilots(Kiwi's, Aussie's, S African's, etc) and very good looking stews. The only place better would be Virgin Atlantic or Quantas. Stand up org!!! You can allways come back to this meat grinder career over here.

If you pick up an FO position you can stay in the states forever. You make more money by going to HK, but you can be a PAX 744 captain based out of SFO or LAX making good bank.

GogglesPisano said:

My buddy has been at CX for five years, is a 744 pax FO based at LAX, and makes 140K. Another buddy has been there about 2 years and I believe he said he may upgrade shortly. Plus, neither one of them seem to work very often. QOL! Granted, you don't ever want to piss anyone off there as I've heard they fire for some really lame reasons. If never going beyond 737/320 is an aspiration, then JB or SWA might be your choice.

Not to mention the 15.5% monthly pension fund and full medical benefits.... Any US carriers offering that these days?

Latest resources

Back