• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Worst Has Yet to Come for Regional Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
An interesting read, but some of the logic is circular. I found this data extremely interesting:

I don't think this analysis is counting on Legacy pilot groups getting anything back contract-wise anytime soon. I hope, in this respect, this analysis is flawed.

If we are very profitable by contract negotiating time, I think it will be a fight. I think there will be some payback with the lack of judicial oversight.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Oh Snap?! WTF, are you trying to be 17 or something?

Oh SNAP! I guess on this issue I WAS INFORMED and I DID HAVE A GOOD IDEA OF WHAT WOULD HAPPEN. It was inevitable.

And Rougue5, thanks for putting me in your signature. Classic.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I'll bet this article got you "excited", didn't it General?:blush:

Continental saved 100 million a year by switching to CHQ.......for 69 a/c? YA RIGHT. Maybe in Peso's. Nice article. :rolleyes:

Excited? Nah. It was inevitable.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hey Jen,

What was inevitable? What exactly has happened?

An analyst posted an article, that is all. In case you haven't noticed, many analysts have pontificated about the ultimate demise of the Legacy airlines, your precious DAL included. You better than anyone else should know, and you have proven time and time again, just writing thoughts and publishing them on the internet does NOT equate to fact or reality...

I laugh that the article cites the main reason for the deterioration of Regionals is the lack of spread between legacy and regional pay. They are quoting labor rates at 2 f_ing cents per seat mile and saying that makes or breaks the profitability of a company.

I laugh that the article cites the main reason for the deterioration of Regionals is the lack of spread between legacy and regional pay. They are quoting labor rates at 2 f_ing cents per seat mile and saying that makes or breaks the profitability of a company.

And then it uses SWA as an example of an airline with low cost structures that the legacies will have to achieve. Obviously, labor costs are not the key to profitability: management saying it doesn't make it so.

Hey those numbers are wrong, the legacy has 2 cents the regional is 4 cents. I'm 100% sure of that; this article is useless.

Latest resources

Back