• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Way It Was - An airline slideshow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Believe it or not, there are still good airlines out there. Still "old school" with FA's in nice outfits and great overnights had by all. Pilots are still respected and management is in check. Look at www.cathaypacific.com , careers section

The Old days

Not many people probably remember the "Good Old days". Neat video! Sad to see what has become of this business. Nothing like it was and nor will it ever be again.

Bjammin with all due respect, cause I do not know who you are, so please take this in the kindess regard but CX is NOT what you imply!

OK, a little drunk talk is in order.

I'm in my house in San Diego right now after a great after hours party on my roof deck with a fire pit over looking the bay. I'm in the middle of a week off after spending some great times in Hong Kong with my squadron mates who just got hired.

We all stay in the same plush hotel at the airport which has a couple of bars, awesome top floor resturant, pool, gym, store with booze, and oh by the way, is where we catch the buses directly to the front door of the aircraft.

I started out making close to 6 figures and after more then 3 years make well over that. I work 13 days a month max and fly the 744 as a starting aircraft. I get 6 weeks of vacation a year and spend my overnights in Hong Kong which has bars that don't even get busy until 6am and are filled with young Asian chicks.

Some people will knock Cathay saying it is rude, too hard, or anti-American. Whatever!!

I will play their game for a good paycheck, good times, and some time off. It's not hard. The only question on my last line check was "name the seven dwarfs." I got it wrong and we laughed about it.

It's a good gig, and anyone that tells you otherwise is either bitter, not a good pilot, or gay.

BTW, I fly with captains all the time that got hired back as 49er's. ie, the guys that got fired.

I dunno guys, it seems like old school to me. Heavy metal, international, with good looking FA's and great overnights. Lots of cash and good people to fly with make it a great place to be. Am I wrong? Prove it.

I feel very lucky to be here in today's environment. I have no worries while most of my friends are stressing, BIG time.

This post seems very egotistical, it's truly not meant to be. I'm just more happy then I ever thought I could be flying for an airline. If you guys want to bash that, have at it.

Drunk, obnoxsious guy, OUT!!

Last edited:
Good on you brother,,,,,,,it is refreshing to read a happy,affirmative post on any subject for once,Godspeed !

just viewed the slide show great stuff,except for the last 60 seconds, when i was a kid ,watching those Pan Am 747s, slide down finals at JFK,the thought of todays realities were inconceivable.

Latest resources

Back