• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

klhoard

Danish Air Force compensate Santa after reindeer death

By Associated Press
September 29, 2005

COPENHAGEN, Denmark - The Danish Air Force said Thursday it paid about $5,000 in compensation to a part-time Santa Claus whose reindeer died of heart failure when two fighter jets roared over his farm.

The animal, named Rudolf, was grazing at the farm of Olavi Nikkanoff in central Denmark when the screaming F-16 jets passed overhead at low altitude in February.

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
The reindeer collapsed and died, leaving Nikkanoff with the prospect of only one animal pulling his sleigh next Christmas.

He complained to the air force, which agreed to compensate him for the cost of the reindeer and veterinary expenses.

"We got a letter from Santa complaining about his reindeer's death and looked into it seriously," air force spokesman Capt. Morten Jensen said. The air force checked flight data and veterinary reports and concluded the planes had caused the animal's death. Nikkanoff said he would use the money to buy a new reindeer before Christmas.

I dropped a load in my pants becuase of some Danishes, can I get compensated for that?

Of course they were from Dunkin

Latest resources

Back