The Rose Bowl

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyhi

Going to the Rose Bowl in Pasedena at the end of the month. Unfamiliar with the area and wondering if anyone can tell me the best GA airport to go into with a citation V. FBO recommendations are welcome too.

thanks in advance. GO SOONERS!!

flyhi

Burbank is your best bet.

Definitely BUR, Burbank. Go to Mercury Aviation (try to tanker though, ever since Media closed down fuel prices have gone through the roof- $3.15 per gallon). Use Red Carpet Limo (310-552-0099) to get your guys to and from the game. Beware of the curfew between 10PM and 7AM, though Citations are exempt.

Coming in from OKie, pull out the Lo 5/6 chart, since LA Center loves to give victor airways to the unsuspecting. Plan on getting "direct Needles (EED), direct Palm Springs (PSP), V16 Paradise (PDZ), V186 Van Nuys (VNY), direct". Also know Pomona (POM), since as soon as you get on SOCAL approach you can throw that routing out the window and get "cleared direct Pomona, direct Van Nuys (VNY), expect vectors to final". Or you might just file direct Daggett and come in on the Lynxx arrival, it’s longer but it'll keep you higher.

And no, we're actually not based in LA.

thanks 501261

thank you for the info....i had narrowed it down to burbank and van nuys. burbank it is. looks like fuel is 3.19 out the door less .15 cents above 400 gallons...yikes.

thanks again for the helpful information.

flyhi

flyhi - I paid about $2.60 per gallon a year ago at Van Nuys with Skytrails Aviation. I paid for fuel only once, and they waived the overnight fee for all 4 nights I was there. I can't complain! They also have a cheap rental car available. They didn't seem to care I was only flying a Skylane, either. Burbank is also a good bet, but I've never had any problems with Van Nuys.

Latest resources

Back