• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Road to UPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But the experience sure wouldn't hurt. Now what's with that avatar? I figured you'd replace Bruce Leroy with someone cool like the Shogun of Harlem ;)

Sho Nuff was a old avatar.. Ill try and find something better ;-)

Just curious, but your profile DOES say right seat. Do you have a 1000 turbine PIC. If not, better get that before going to the ACMI's with the hope of UPS in the future.

Yea Im still a FO over here at MAG.. But im planning ahead and setting my goals. I do plan on getting the 1000 PIC. if I had the 1000 PIC, my 6 year plan would be a 3 year plan :) And I do know a couple folks over there at UPS

Seriously,

In 6 years your goal should be to be finishing a masters degree or higher and moving into a career that won't sh*t on you every couple of years.

Booger is spot on!!

I wish I would have taken this advice years ago. Now I am going to have to rely on my horse trader skills and suave personality to make a decent living from here on. Wish me luck.

Might want to stretch out your timeline a bit. I've got the 1000TPIC and the "next step" ACMIs/Charter outfits politely try to stifle their laughter when I send a resume. A guy I know at Omni told me their last class was almost all 10,000 hour furloughed heavy jet guys, and Omni ain't exactly top of the barrel. That said, your plan is basically my plan in a perfect world. I know a number of folks at UPS and I too used to throw boxes for them. Even with that, my view is you'd better get comfortable wherever you are for a while...with the looming financial tsunami, I'm afraid this downturn is going to be protracted. Here's hoping I'm wrong and I'll see you at SDF.

PS. You might want to bear in mind that, at least according to my contacts, UPS's hiring system is such that a line pilot can only help you after you've been selected to interview...there is no beating the computer or getting your resume on the top of the pile. Just what I've been told, and would love to be wrong about that too...

Last edited:
Yea Im still a FO over here at MAG.. But im planning ahead and setting my goals. I do plan on getting the 1000 PIC. if I had the 1000 PIC, my 6 year plan would be a 3 year plan :)

Well, plan accordingly. My 3 year plan that started in 2000 is now going on 9 years. And not because I wanted it that way.

And I do know a couple folks over there at UPS

Along the lines of what boiler said, you and about 10,000 other guys.

Last edited:
Seriously,

In 6 years your goal should be to be finishing a masters degree or higher and moving into a career that won't sh*t on you every couple of years.

I'm guessing you're giving him advice on something you've done your self? If so, then what the F are you doing on flight info still trying to act as a pilot? Go back to your cubicle

Nice attitude Fly. Pay attention to the first three letters of his screen name. ABX. He is giving advise based on the demise of our company and the fact that with a different or possibly more education, other doors would also be open.

It would help to start training your body by staying up all night every other week.

Getting used to beer for breakfast would also help.

But, please don't put it on your cornflakes, like some guys did. That was just too much.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back