• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Road to UPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The infamous "place to be" by the time you get there it may not be.

The fact is that you nor any of us know the "Place to be" in a decade.

Id have a really solid PLN B standing by and then a non aviation PLN C.

Money is very small relative item even in the grand scheme of things. ie: My ex makes 70+ at a law firm for doing no more than wearing a great smile and a set of huge hooters, which I bought. (That's probably what a commuter capt makes.) She never spent a day in college. A great HS buddy went to turning wrenches for a living at a Mercedes dealer (he made stupid money for that 20yrs ago) NOW he is D.O. for several area dealers. He could write a check for everything I own plus my life insurance policy. (still kids me about being a rich pilot)

I went the ACMI route and loved every minute of it. I can rattle stories that most guys can't imagine coming from military or commuter backgrounds. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade my MD spot and go back for anything.
Stick with your plan this is a nice place to be.

Eh, I personally have met two 1900 Captains that got on with them earlier this spring.

"Earlier this spring" is in no way the same pilot market as now.

Later in the spring and into the summer is when Skybus, ATA, Aloha, Gemini, Focus, Skway, and whoever else shut down releasing a TON of very qualified pilots on the street.

Can a guy with 1900/RJ/LearJet, or whatever type of time get hired there, or anywhere else? Of course he can. In the big picture, and in this market, unless you have heavy/widebody experience and/or the usual internal rec, you don't exactly stand out.

Latest resources

Back