Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The real reason Oberstar and his cronies fight against consolidation....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He did nothing for america except destroy aviation in the long term. Anyone that thinks he did what he did for the good of the average joe is a fool. It's easy for someone like him to manipulate the masses when we're all a bunch of idiots.

He did nothing for america except destroy aviation in the long term. Anyone that thinks he did what he did for the good of the average joe is a fool. It's easy for someone like him to manipulate the masses when we're all a bunch of idiots.

I guess we all are idiots. Most idiots like me want a return on my investment. You generally do not get that from an airline because they are poorly ran from top to bottom. hint: 1, you cannot service every community. Hint: 2, if you are going to have a crap load of assets, they had better pay for themselves. Hint: 3, there are no other industries in the U.S. that are as poorly ran as the airlines and are allowed to stay in business. The industry that comes real close to the airlines situation and model is the auto industry. Now theres a picture of a sucessful business.

Why stop with the airlines? Why not regulate everything? We need to get rid of this pesky freedom thing and trust the almighty government regulators to make all our decisions for us.

You are an idiot! All American industry has just been deregulated in the last 20 years.

You must think Enron or WorldCom was good for America. Those were the two largest companies in America who got their industries deregulated. Look how they turned out.

America was trying to protect itself in the 1930's. But we are so smart today we know better. We are idiots and have proven it.

I guess we all are idiots. Most idiots like me want a return on my investment. You generally do not get that from an airline because they are poorly ran from top to bottom. hint: 1, you cannot service every community. Hint: 2, if you are going to have a crap load of assets, they had better pay for themselves. Hint: 3, there are no other industries in the U.S. that are as poorly ran as the airlines and are allowed to stay in business. The industry that comes real close to the airlines situation and model is the auto industry. Now theres a picture of a sucessful business.

Nothing needs to be said, except You are an idiot, not we.

You are an idiot! All American industry has just been deregulated in the last 20 years.

You must think Enron or WorldCom was good for America. Those were the two largest companies in America who got their industries deregulated. Look how they turned out.

America was trying to protect itself in the 1930's. But we are so smart today we know better. We are idiots and have proven it.

:laugh: You get worked up, don't you.

Yeah, I do think dereg of industries like Enron and WorldCom was good. I like having cheap long distance and choice in my telecommunication services. Competition is a good thing.

:laugh: You get worked up, don't you.

Yeah, I do think dereg of industries like Enron and WorldCom was good. I like having cheap long distance and choice in my telecommunication services. Competition is a good thing.

Until your job description/company is deemed not competitive enough and you take a paycut or get sacked!

Then again... maybe you love competition so much that you embrace your own paycuts and termination.....

Well?

Last edited:
Nope, I embrace my union and the protections and options it gives me. All I ask of the government is to stay out of my business and let my company and me work out our own problems.

Nope, I embrace my union and the protections and options it gives me. All I ask of the government is to stay out of my business and let my company and me work out our own problems.

Is that realistic or idealistic?

Perhaps it's some of both. But honestly, I don't see a lot of good that heavy government regulation has done any industry, unless you're one of the few chosen ones who benefits from government restricting your competition. ALPA has done a hell of a lot more for me than Washington ever has.

Latest resources

Back