The pool is very shalow at Air Willy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hermair52

Hey everyone. I just interviewed last week thursday (5th, sep) and had a call from Kristi before I reached ORD on the DH back from the interview. They asked and I took a class for 23rd Sep.. I am extatic about going to Willy. I'm working for Piedmont now and have been here for two years. It sounds after about four months I'll have just as many people under me in senority. The interview was fun and very informational. The 146 fleet mgr is talking about type-rating FOs in ground school so they can be ready for a quick upgrade (Blew our socks off) worse case I fly a jet and get payed more the second year what I would make after 4years at PDT. The pool is non-existant, and they are hiring. However they want guys with time. I have 2900TT 2400 ME, 1800 DHC-8 and a 1900 type. I also had abuddy walk my resume in that is a CRJ IOE capt. Best of luck ot evryone. Come on over to Willy, so you can pick up my junior trip when I want to ski;)

"Pick up your jr trip" hey, newby you'll be picking up mine!!! Welcome aboard glad to see more new blood on the front lines. I think that you will enjoy the class act that you you'll find here. With the way things are progressing you should upgrade in just a little over a year. Once again welcome.

That sounded too much like my announcement...

WD.

Well gents,

That certainly is good news. I faxed my resume in to Appleton last Friday, with hopes of hearing back from recruitment. Keep up the good threads on Air Wisconsin .... information is always welcomed :)

750Driver

"The 146 fleet mgr is talking about type-rating FOs in ground school so they can be ready for a quick upgrade (Blew our socks off) worse case I fly a jet and get payed more the second year what I would make after 4years at PDT."

Did you mean the 328 fleet mgr? I don't' think there are going to be any quick upgrades in the 146. Good luck and welcome to Air Wisconsin.

Terry
Last trip as an FO soon to be RJ capt:D

hermair52 said:
....... The 146 fleet mgr is talking about type-rating FOs in ground school so they can be ready for a quick upgrade (Blew our socks off)

I wouldn't read too much into this statement. 2 years ago when I joined this was being told to us in ground school and at the sim. However it never came to pass. The wonderful Fed's (who are there to help us!!) said they didn't want new hires typed right of the bat. Also it created a lot of discord with those already at AWAC who weren't typed on the aircraft as it amounted to $20,000 worth of freebee's.

That said and done congratulations and an upgrade won't be long down the road anyway.

Quick question for a buddy of mine -

I know this was probably covered months ago, but is ORD closed as a domicile for you guys?

Thanks!
-brew3

bases

ORD is a CRJ base only now. We dumped it as a DO-328 base in July. FYI it is a growing base. We just opened up 12 vacancy spots for RJ CA and I think like 7 FO spots in ORD. Other bases are ATW - BAe146, DEN - 328, CRJ, and 146.

There has been talk of a west coast base for almost a year now and MKE is also a strong candidate for a base. To me it's all rumor til I see it.

WD.

The comment about the type rating I believe only applies to the 328. Only FO's on the 328 may upgrade to capt. You will be seat locked in that equipment for I think 18 months however you are pay protected, meaning if someone junior to you is awarded an RJ slot then you will make RJ capt pay while on the Dork. Due to this the upgrade time for those who get assigned to the 328 may in fact upgrade very quick. Good luck to all
DairyAir

Hey HyFly see you in DEN hope you get a better instructor this time! :)

pay protect?

Hey DairyAir,

What I'm worried about at Willy is that I do get on the 328, and things don't go as planned, and that I get stuck as an FO on a dead fleet for two years. Are you saying that if this quick upgrade doesn't come, that I will be pay protected when someone junior to me flies the jet? Does that start right away, if there are no spots in the jet in my class. I foresee these first couple of classes only having 328 spots. And when the grouth really starts, I'll be stuck in the 328. Now is my friend that just went from the 328 to the CRJ two months ago (prior to the announcement fo quick upgrades only from FO 328) protected if and when I upgrade prior to him? Also if anyone is out there in the new class (Sept 9th) what are they telling you about equiptment availability.

Latest resources

Back