"The Perfect Landing" Article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Delta3

I think this article appeared in "Flying" Magazine a few months back, but I can't find it.

A Comair Academy instructor gave tips on landings and stuff, and I think Bob Hoover gave some tips too.

If anyone finds it can you paste the gist of it here or give the website?

Does anyone have any tips they know of?

flying article

The article had what sounded like good tips. Hoover's input amounted to the fact that wet runways allowed the wheels to spool up quicker with less friction (yeah, I want to get to the point where im worried about that tiny bit of friction at the end! Hoover is probably one of the few guys good enough to worry about something like that...). His tip was "practice real hard".

The Comair tip was something like working on landing on the mains and keeping the nose off almost the entire length of the runway - maybe a comair guy could comment on that (?).

Best thing I have done to teach and to clean up landings is flying the center line at 2-10' off the deck and telling the student (or myself) not to land--if they do touch down, its the best landing they ever made because they didn't try to put the a/c on the runway.

I have a copy of that issue. PM me your address and I will mail it to you.

It was "50 tips to a perfect landing" and was submited be a few different CFI's across the country.

Latest resources

Back