Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Super 80

Rube Goldberg device
Well someone asked for a review of Mel Gibson's movie, the Passion. Go see it. It is powerful.

There is artistic license involved. This is a theatrical movie in many respects. There are flashbacks and effects added that are not in the Bible. And even those events that are in the Bible may not necessarily align with your own view as portrayed.

However, the powerful portion comes in seeing what Jesus went through on His way to the cross and on it. The New York Times might not like it, but this is the price of our sin that Christ paid for us. It is not without meaning that Isaiah wrote, by His stripes we are healed. Each of those stripes He took for us, yes, even giving up His life for us was so we could have life everlasting.

One of the things I didn't know was how wonderful Aramaic could sound.

The audience I was a part of was entirely made up of Churched people that will be acting as couselors during the next two weeks when the general public gets to see the film. While we were all happy to meet people beforehand, going out everyone was rather subdued.

Like I said it is a powerful movie.

Last edited:
I can't wait to see it; thanks for the review.:) :D

I'm anxious to see it too. Thanks for the review.

Super 80

Thanks for the review, I have waiting for some time to see this movie, well, Mel Gibson certainly rolled the dice with this movie. This movie will either make him a Superstar producer or it will destroy his career.

career

There is little question that this will be the film that he is remembered for and no question that it will not destroy his career.

The fact that it was so painful to watch has an impact seldom seen in a movie. Regardless of your religious beliefs, the cruelty that man can have for his fellow man, the crowd syndrome, how people can be led are all shown and are historical and accurate.

The debate that has come out over this movie is likely a good thing, making more aware of their own feelings and sensabilities. Whether it is accurate is not the point as much as it brings us to question ourselves, our beliefs, and the point of mankind.

There are those that believe and those that don't, there are those who seek, and those that don't. If I am wrong, well then not much impact, if they are wrong, well now that is a horse of a different color althogether.

Latest resources

Back