The Next Mergers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AceOnTheRiver

What is the status of the UsAir and America West merger? Did they ever merge their seniority lists? What would happen if AA buys UsAir to compete against United/CAL? Opinions?

The next merger: China Easter & China Southern.......wait, that already happened didn't it???

How about Southwest & AirTran? But then again, that wouldn't be a merger. It'd be an acquisition by swa.

Really though, everyone's guessing ual & cal will be gettin' cozy with each other.

Last edited:
USAir's DCA and LGA slots are really the only thing with any value. A slot auction would quickly take care of those. The rest could go away and be quickly filled in by other carriers. The labor issues at USAirways are not anything any airline management would be interested in taking on. Extremely senior labor, internal labor unrest, etc. Not a pretty sight.

Why would it be considered an acquisition? Is it because Airtran made more money than Southwest in 2009?

Why? Because I believe that swa has the fund$ to do so, and I think tran might not actually mind participating. Keep in mind that, consolidation isn't limited in any way to just the major carriers. Little airlines are just as available/vulnerable, however you want to put it.

Yawn

Why? Because I believe that swa has the fund$ to do so, and I think tran might not actually mind participating. Keep in mind that, consolidation isn't limited in any way to just the major carriers. Little airlines are just as available/vulnerable, however you want to put it.

Flame away, newbie. You're no InstructorDude or JimboRealGoodPilot, that''s for sure. :rolleyes: Yawn.

Latest resources

Back