Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What else does Roger Cohen have to say?

How would I know?

What has your stash ride Prater whispered in your ear?

Or did he just pop you an "Angry Pirate" and laugh?

You know the second anyone votes in a union under this new provision, it's going to go to court and stall for years.

These are laws that are being changed and only the congress and senate can change them not the NMB. Be nice if it was the case?

Yeah, same yum yucks who are going to challenge health care, and doubt the president is US citizen.

Dismissed.......next frivolous lawsuit please.

Ummm...yeah. You might want to look into that one. Spirit cooling off started yesterday.

Open mouth, insert foot.

I'll believe a Spirit strike when I see it...until then it's business as usual

How would I know?

What has your stash ride Prater whispered in your ear?

Or did he just pop you an "Angry Pirate" and laugh?
Cohen speaks for you because you can't/won't and you don't even know what he says....

Cohen speaks for you because you can't/won't and you don't even know what he says....

Prater speaks for you because you can't speak for yourself....You blindly follow what ALPA says....

“Importantly, the rule doesn’t provide an equal process for decertifying a union. The Air Transport Association has said it will seek a review of this in court. Delta and other carriers plan to support the lawsuit, because we believe our employees deserve a thoughtful and expeditious court review of a significant change of this importance,” Richard said.

You know the second anyone votes in a union under this new provision, it's going to go to court and stall for years.

No it won't. Any case will be dismissed on summary judgement. The courts have no authority to review regulatory changes by an agency that has the authority to create its own internal procedures.

These are laws that are being changed and only the congress and senate can change them not the NMB.

No law has been changed. Only NMB procedure has changed. The RLA states that the NMB makes its own internal procedures and policies. It's pretty clear.

I'll believe a Spirit strike when I see it...until then it's business as usual

A strike isn't the goal; the goal is a fair contract. The whole point of a cooling off period is to apply pressure so that a deal can be reached prior to a strike. But yes, you'll see a strike on June 12th if management isn't smart enough to sign a deal.

This is all a moot point, because of BO's Health Care Plan. There are incentives in the plan for employers to dump their employees into the gov't health care pool. This would not apply to Union Workeers who have contracts to ensure they have company paid health care. Therefore almost everyone including management will now want to unionize to ensure they are not dumped into this wonderful Health Care Plan.

No it won't. Any case will be dismissed on summary judgement. The courts have no authority to review regulatory changes by an agency that has the authority to create its own internal procedures.

No law has been changed. Only NMB procedure has changed. The RLA states that the NMB makes its own internal procedures and policies. It's pretty clear.

A strike isn't the goal; the goal is a fair contract. The whole point of a cooling off period is to apply pressure so that a deal can be reached prior to a strike. But yes, you'll see a strike on June 12th if management isn't smart enough to sign a deal.

You had better get back into law school. The civil courts will have a field day with it. The NMB is still governed by law which can be addressed in your argument.

I admire the face that you are involved but for Lord's sake, get some perspective. Try some objectivity for once regarding ALPA. It is not the "end all, be all." The Association has a fiscal responsibility to its memebers just as a company has to share holders. Part of that involves having a healthy company that will continue to keep its pilots employed over the long term.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back