• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The New FAA: You're on your own out there

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know AZO. Good folks there. Don't need crap from worthless sup's.

ultrarunner said:
Then so-be-it. If I gotta taxi off and go to the back of the line for a safety related decision, I'm ok with that.

I am not going to make the FAA's staffing problems my problems.

Nor should you, but by propping up a bad operation you are guaranteeing exactly that outcome. The author is trying to educate you as to current Nazi regime in power on Independence Ave these days. Perhaps you might do something productive with that information such writing to the appropriate Congressionial Committees to complain about the eroding safety margin in the NAS as a result of FAA staffing practices.

ultrarunner said:
Then so-be-it. If I gotta taxi off and go to the back of the line for a safety related decision, I'm ok with that.

I am not going to make the FAA's staffing problems my problems.

Agreed. Taxi out, take a look. If they see you bunging up the arrival flow, they'll tell you to taxi off, and probably tell you to get in the back of the line.

I get paid by the hour, so cool beans.

If you act on the ATC induced pressure and launch into a bad situation, you can bet they'll hang your as$ at the hearing, not the controller or his supe.

Personally, the first and every time this stunt happens, a NASA form, a ASAP form and a call to the tower will be on my list of things to do.

Nu

Last edited:
Does anyone know just exactly how long an airplane has to begin it's takeoff roll after having been issued a takeoff clearance? Quite often, I receive takeoff clearance while still taxi-ing out, a minute or two from actually taking the runway.

BTW, TIPH or not, if the w/x is ugly, I'll line up with the radar on and refuse the takeoff if I don't like what I see. That's what they pay me the "big bucks" for, and I don't mind earning my money.

enigma

gkrangers said:
What is required staffing for TIPH?

Do the staffing requirements differ between FAA towers and contract towers?
Last I heard, contract towers are not allowed TIPH --no exeptions.

Latest resources

Back