• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Military History of France

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why did the French win the French Revolution? Because they were fighting the French. :D :D :D :D

Would that be a case of whomever surrendered last was the winner?:p

french clowns

Flying over Kosovo, we used to dread having the NATO AWACS (callsign "Cyrano") clowns out there. Invariably, they'd have a frenchie on the radio that you couldn't understand and they never really had the air picture figured out. We were intercepted by our own guys a few times because of them.

Frenchy,
You are being very generous by calling the adventures the french have had in Africa in the last 50 years "victories". Judging by the final outcomes in places like Chad (the prefered way to spell it in America) and Zaire, the french have little to be proud of. Even pro-french historians and press in Europe are shy to call these victories. Maybe you mean a victory in the same sense that Saddam Hussein has told his people he was victorious in the Gulf War? It is amazing enough that countries like Algeria and Chad can even muster a force to keep the Boy Scouts busy; a country like france has sure kept busy over the last 40 years attempting to win decisively.

But I digress from my point... the FFL is not even indicative of the overall french military, a group that has folded amazingly fast in the defense of their motherland TWICE in one century. But what chaps us Americans (who fought and continue to serve for the US ARMED FORCES) are the thousands of gravestones in that smelly country standing for Americans who gave their lives to give back the libererty to the UNGRATEFUL french.

For all the french who read this forum, "your freedom and liberty are no longer worth an American GI getting a hangnail much less risk his life". The next time a foreign country plows over your border and sets up government (say somebody like Albania), you better go looking elsewhere for a country to liberate your kids!

Popularity Contest

Okay, I'm bored. Time for a poll and an opportunity for Jim to win a popularity contest. We'll make a thread on popularity: Jim Vs Frenchy. I predict a landslide!

Hey Frenchy, you are Dutch...have you ever stuck your finger in a dike?

finger

He'd have to pull his thumb out of his own Alsasce Lorraine in order to put it anywhere.

Awesome FFL

Hey Frenchy,

If the FFL is such a fine fighting force, why did they surrender so quickly the last time Euro Disney put on a fireworks display ?? Heard those boys dropped faster than a pair of panties on prom night !

Heard a nother French joke today, it went something like this:

What is the French Navy now buying new glass bottom boats?

A: So they can see where there old boats are parked.

Hey we have to the the french one ounce of credit.

They did after all win the world cup of soccer a few years back all by themselves. With out any help from the US this time.

(I still say it was rigged ) :D

Latest resources

Back