"The Men Who Killed the Luftwaffe"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

furloboy

Stackpole is releasing my latest book on November 8. The cover photo on The Men Who Killed the Luftwaffe shows a group of pilots in front of William Bailey's Double Trouble Two of the 353rd Fighter Group. This is a scheme adapted by a popular P-51 on the warbird circuit today.

Anyway, if you're interested, I've pasted a link below:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/08...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

I just ventured into this part of the forum for the first time in awhile, I bought this book in hardcover recently. I've also got Hornets over Kuwait, Hammer From Above, and Fortress Ploesti.

I've been in the process of building an aviation library for many years now. Do you have any other books in the pipeline?

Just purchased your book in Kindle version and started reading last night. Vetrider, check out "Bomber Boys".

Vetrider and Dustrpilot--thanks for the patronage. Would be interested in your thoughts. Vetrider, yes, I'm doing a book similar to The Men Who Killed the Luftwaffe, but this one is specifically focused on an Eighth Air Force fighter group, rather than the entire effort against the German Air Force. An older book that was fairly popular, but has since gone out of print in hardcover: The First Hellcat Ace!

Best regards,
Jay

To Fly and Fight, By Col. Bud Anderson

Oh and instead of promoting Amazon - ask people to buy from you direct and give them a signed copy! ;)

If anyone's interested, the publisher is offering the Kindle version of The Men Who Killed the Luftwaffe, for free on Amazon during the next few days.

The men who killed the Luftwaffe came from Detroit. They were the men who perfected mass production, there might not have been a victory in WWII without the insight of these manufacturing geniuses. They showed the country and aircraft industry how to built 100,000's of high quality airplanes that overwhelmed the Axis. These airplanes not only shot down the Germans, they bombed their manufacturing industry into submission.

BTW: Great WWII book Masters of the Sky, Donald Miller. The stroy of the bombers in Europe

Last edited:
I'd say that any comprehensive work on the destruction of the Luftwaffe would have to name Hitler as a contributor to that demise...

And Yip, while there is some merit to your praise of the industrial power that once resided in Dirtroit they learned a lot from the likes of Boeing, Douglas and Grumman...and there were hella aircraft that came from Seattle, Long Beach, Palmdale and Long Island!

Last edited:
I'd say that any comprehensive work on the destruction of the Luftwaffe would have to name Hitler as a contributor to that demise...

And Yip, while there is some merit to your praise of the industrial power that once resided in Dirtroit they learned a lot from the likes of Boeing, Douglas and Grumman...and there were hella aircraft that came from Seattle, Long Beach, Palmdale and Long Island!
Actually it was a two-way learning street, the traditional aircraft manufactures learned a lot from Detroit. It 1941 Consolidated employed 60,000 people to make a B-24 each day, 201,000 man hours, mostly skilled labor. In March of 1944, Ford was building a B-24 an hour with 17,000 man hours mostly unskilled labor. Ford cut the cost of a B-24 by 35%. Standardized parts, vice custom parts that the aircraft industry was used, that was the secret of increased.

50% of the combat engine were built by the auto companies, including 150,000 R-1830's by GM.

Latest resources

Back