• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The media is at it again.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Didn't they bust someone issuing false clearances and such over at EWR a while back?

So, you're #1 for takeoff and hear this kid issue a clearance and what do you think? My first guess would be that it was a kid with a handheld.

I can appreciate the controller wanting to experience his job with his child, but in an industry where bureaucracy is king in the land of SOP's and regulations, I can see how this is an issue. It kind of reminds me of the Aeroflot pilot letting his son sit in the left seat which unfortunately led to a fatal accident.

This controller is guilty....of being a great dad. I think I'm smart enough to question the controller if I think it's a rouge transmission and well,call me crazy but I look out the window before I take the runway.

I think it's totally inappropriate to let a kid give aircraft clearances. If I were one of the aircraft receiving a clearance from that child I would question whether it was for real or a prank. I don't need to be pondering that at such a critical part of my flight. I think the controller needs to have the book thrown at him. That's not the right time or place to be goofing around. I can't believe how many people are defending his actions.

We are all involved in a very unforgiving profession which we all understand. But why must we suck all of the fun out of life? Come on people....seriously...everyone was having fun! When do we get to enjoy life again!?!?!?!

We are all involved in a very unforgiving profession which we all understand. But why must we suck all of the fun out of life? Come on people....seriously...everyone was having fun! When do we get to enjoy life again!?!?!?!

I do this for a living and my main goal at the end of each day I fly is to come home alive and well. I can't think of many things that are more fun to me than flying, however, kids giving clearances is not my idea of fun.

I do this for a living and my main goal at the end of each day I fly is to come home alive and well. I can't think of many things that are more fun to me than flying, however, kids giving clearances is not my idea of fun.

Lighten up Francis...

As A pilot....there was nothing done wrong. I think it is great that the dad was able to do this. I wish I could take my dad or my son when he gets older on the jumpseat with me.

Like the other post said...kids need roll models and I think it was great that he was able to see his dad at work.

My Dad was a firefighter...I talked on the radio there when I was a kid...even rode along to a call or two.

My dad is A CFD FF and gosh I've gone so many times with him to work and on calls, made me learn how hard he works to give me what I have. I wish I had a parent that was a pilot to guide me through this industry. Sucks this had to happen.

Latest resources

Back