Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CitationCapt

STILL determined
John and Martha King are interviewed by Lane Wallace in this month's Flying Magazine in an article titled "What Pilots Don't Know".

I see that the King's banner is now on the side of a Falcon 10. I am assuming that this is their new ride and the Citation was traded in. Any thoughts on this, AND the article?

My impression of the article is that risk assessment has been overlooked as a critical part of flight instruction. Further, I believe that cockpit technology will assist risk assessment, but only to the extent that it is operable when the situation arises.

Anyone else chime in.

I didn't find the article interesting enough to read all the way through, but they seemed very vague about the point they were trying to make. They kept saying that pilots aren't being taught right and better risk management needs to be taught, but they wouldn't go any deeper than that and explain. They just kept repeating themselves. Those people annoy me.

Annoyed?

ErikNorth wrote:

"I didn't find the article interesting enough to read all the way through, but they seemed very vague about the point they were trying to make. They kept saying that pilots aren't being taught right and better risk management needs to be taught, but they wouldn't go any deeper than that and explain. They just kept repeating themselves. Those people annoy me."

You say that you are annoyed at the Kings? Did you not pass the written the first time? From your data you are working on your private and you don't seem to understand the need for better risk management? Please explain your confusion with the King's explanation. Thank you.

You say that you are annoyed at the Kings? Did you not pass the written the first time? From your data you are working on your private and you don't seem to understand the need for better risk management?

There is no need for you to make that assumption. He has every right on this "open forum" to state his opinion.

That is his opinion CC- No need to jump down his back..

3 5 0

side note- 7 for 7 (first attempt) lowest score 93% and have never/will never "donate" a single penny to the Kings....

I saw thw pics. The only problem I have is I dont know which one is Martha and which one is John.:D

I gotta say I don't care for their products, either. I find they seem more interested in being seen, than in presenting useful material for students. I recall getting their spin video as a useful presentation, when it came out.

I was looking forward to a good visual aid with the camera mounted on the vertical stab and in the cockpit, showing the spin. Only, every time it came to the actual spin entry, the footage stopped, and John King would jump in front of the camera to be seen and talk. So much more could have been learned by the viewer if he'd just stayed out of the way and talked while the airplane spun, but he had to be seen.

Their products seem to be a case of the teacher trying to be the star, rather than the student. That's completely backwards of the way it should be.

And let's not forget Martha's nipples getting hard in that one segment of the PPL exam video. Anyone else catch that? No? Just me, huh? Oh ....... that's not good .....

Minh
(It really is there ... I think it's her first or second segment.)

Latest resources

Back