• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Judas Goat(s) and Duplicity at the Waterview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gross was smart to bail when all this ******************** was coming down. You think this was just a simple coffee shop talk From Montreal, and yes I will sell you Flex. No this has been in the works for the last year.

Gross did a lot of good things for Flex and Turner taught all you freight hacks how to be standardized and not a bunch of cowboys.

That being said, yes Dirty Beech Flex is better then Ameriflight but we have the potential to make this place not just a good place to work but the best place in the industry of fractional companies to work.

Just because this is your first jet job, and your worried about going back to fly a POS 99 doesn't mean we cant ask for more. Man up, its time we all unite as one. Since we are going to be played against Options its time we Flex and Options join and create the FPA so we don't get screwed in the long haul. As far as Im concerned if Flex will be a luxury brand you better pay me about 60% more or your owners will not have the Four seasons service. I might need to conform to the TEB Hazmat Heights approach....

If you feel comfortable throwing out Gross's name and RH's initials then you can at least do us the courtesy of letting us know who else you are blasting. Gross is getting current as a parting gift. Yeah, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth too, but I'm not losing sleep over it.

As for a union drive...There's not a whole lot of fear at Flex. You don't see it on the line or on Yammer. Uncertainty? Sure. Outright fear? Not so much.

You've got several things working against a drive. 1. The Flex pilot group. 2. The IBT. They're loathed even amongst the union supporters. 3. The Options contract.

I've been a pretty staunch supporter of representation in the past, but the above realities can't be ignored, and DAC will have to draw the ire of the pilots if you want those drums to start beating again. They've done nothing to do so and we don't know what the benefits and compensation package are going to look like. If they're close to the same then you've got a whole lot of nothing to work with.

Sorry. Just reality.

You're doing yourself no favors by trying to get personnel, and I'm flattered that you dug through my posting history to try and come up with a hook. Your read on my motivations is laughably off the mark, but that's par for the course so far.

You're also fundamentally misreading the feel of the pilot group, and trying to use a situation that many view with cautious optimism to create a fractional union. That pitch, albeit with an IBT intermediate step, failed the last time. What ammo or toehold in the pilot group's mind do you have if the benefit and compensation package comes back as largely the same? Or if the last survey actually produces some healthy change?

The time for a union drive was before the economy went tits up in 08. When we had the company over a barrel. They bought us off and that was that. DAC's going to have to really sock it to us to get another drive started. Fear of the unknown isn't enough to motivate our pilot group. It hasn't for 18 years.

So go ahead and attack me. I'm just trying to deliver the honest truth as I see it. I support the idea of a fractional union, but it's not going to happen without the Flex pilot group, and you have no leverage over them.

Last edited:
With Ricci at the helm. Never happen. As soon as he gets his hands in the money you will start seeing changes in Maint practices etc........ He doesn't know how to run a luxury operation. Welcome to Walmart.

With Ricci at the helm. Never happen. As soon as he gets his hands in the money you will start seeing changes in Maint practices etc........ He doesn't know how to run a luxury operation. Welcome to Walmart.

I have to disagree with you on that one.

From my experience the MX improved when the union came in. The guys were not afraid to write up the aircraft where and when they found a problem. The way MX talked to you also changed. I have not had an issue in years with someone trying to push me. Throw in the maintenance resolution process if you don't agree with the fix they did.

If you are having an issue just write it up every leg until they figure out that you have an issue and it will be fixed.
If they try to push you, you just push back. You now have the Union and the ASAP program to back you up.

Uh, Flex doesn't have a Union, Jetwash. As long as they remain a separate company they have no such protections.

Uh, Flex doesn't have a Union, Jetwash. As long as they remain a separate company they have no such protections.

I was thinking of Flight Options.

As for Flex, I guess it will be up to the pilots to determine whether to standup to being pushed with MX issues individually or with the support of a union standing behind them.

I personally feel more secure with the 1108 watching my back.

Sorry friend, I thought you were talking about Flex. Yes, the protections are good to have, even though that's about all we've got going for us, at least until our next contract.

Latest resources

Back