• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Javelin Takes Flight!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Saw that bird at the AOPA event in Long Beach. I wonder what insurance is going to be like on it.

I know an idiot that has an order in for one. Easily the most arrogant pilot I know. I'll let you know when he crashes it......

Mr. I.

WrknStff said:
And they thought the old Bonanza was a doctor killer. Sheesh.

I agree. At least any prospective pilots will have to get a type to fly it. Going though some "real" training should help the problem a little.

Fuzzy_is_Hungry said:
I agree. At least any prospective pilots will have to get a type to fly it. Going though some "real" training should help the problem a little.

Here are the qualifications and training requirements that ATG is calling for . . .

"Finally, the Aviation Technology Group’s (ATG) Javelin Executive Jet is certainly the hot rod of the new VLJ class and the first flight of the demonstrator prototype is imminent. This will be certified under FAR Part 23 and the company takes the view that for pilots with at least 1,500 hours total time and a multi-engine rating, the type rating should be a relatively simple matter. ATG plans to contract a U.S.-based flight-training center and will expect candidates to have 2,000 factored hours to qualify. "

http://www.ainonline.com/Publications/EBACE/EBACE_05/d3vljp1.htm

Their CEO, George Bye, came out here to CA about 5 weeks ago, and gave about 30 of us a presentation on their plan. I'm not a savvy business guy, but it was very impressive. They are thinking big, and attacking it smartly. They're going after a diverse customer base, not just "rich executives". I wish them luck, but I have a feeling that if are successful, it won't be just "luck".

Latest resources

Back